Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got mine for christmas, I like it, it works well, but by the time you get the thing wet, the switch to soap it down, then rinse, then rinse with the filter, I could have already had it washed and dryed by hand.

If you're that fast wash mine too :jester:

I've gotta get more info on how it affects acrylic wax. The soap supposedly strips wax, so the time saved by not drying would be replaced with time spent waxing and buffing . . . . . I think I'd rather dry the truck by hand.

I plan to wash the truck as I normally would with zaino soap then use the auto dry system to rinse :confused: who knows it may work. In the directions it say's to use ONLY Mr. clean soap, but you know how that goes they have to make money off replaceing the soap :P

I tried it for the first time today. My water is very hard and there were some very light spots left behind, but you wouldn't notice them if you weren't looking for them. In that respect, it works pretty well. I usually blow the places that hold water out with my leaf blower then a quick wipe down with my absorber. This ensures no runs if you go somewhere right after washing. With the autodry, you are just supposed to wash, rince twice and walk away. But if you drive somewhere soon after washing all the water in those hard to reach places comes splilling out. Then any little dust that kicks up from the road instantly sticks to the runs. I guess the solution would be to auto dry, leaf blow then walk away. However, five more minutes and you could wipe it down.

Bottom line, the time spent rinsing twice with the autodry (and money buying the water filters) could be better spent just drying it with a leaf blower and a towel. Also, if your a perfectionist and hate runs, this product is a waste of time if you don't plan to let the truck sit long enough for water to evaporate out of the hard to reach spots. It's a good idea and they already made their money off me, but just not practical. I'll go back to the old way myself.

With a good base of Zaino's and a Toro 250mph leafblower, no water spots on my black SS. Water beads up and the leafblower does the rest. After that just finish with Z-6 gloss enhancer and no drying or spots! From washing with Zaino's, to leaf blowing, to finishing with Z-6 around 20 minutes total. :D

Dishwashing soap will strip your wax. After you wash it, how well does the bead still happen? My advice is to stop using before damage to your finish occurs from the wax being stripped off. Mr Clean does not put enough protection on your truck either. Just my .02.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I tried out the Mr. Clean system today on my wifes durango and I am not impressed :shakehead: . It left some pretty big spots rite on the hood. This attempt was made using the supplied soap, I will give it one more try but this time only on the final rinse. :rolleyes:

Archived