Air Shocks For Silverado Ss Awd

mikesss

HI ALL DOES ANYONE HAVE A MFG AND OR PART NUMBER FOR REAR AIR SHOCKS . NOT LOOKING FOR THE AUTOMATIC KIND JUST THE OLD TYPE THAT YOU JUST PUT AIR INTO FIRM IT UP WHEN YOU NEED IT. TRIED GABRIEL THEY ONLY GO UP TO 1999 MODEL . AND I WAS TOLD RANCHO DOES OFFER ONE EITHER. MY SS IS AWD 2005. THANKS FOR HELP ON THIS .

HI ALL DOES ANYONE HAVE A MFG AND OR PART NUMBER FOR REAR AIR SHOCKS . NOT LOOKING FOR THE AUTOMATIC KIND JUST THE OLD TYPE THAT YOU JUST PUT AIR INTO FIRM IT UP WHEN YOU NEED IT. TRIED GABRIEL THEY ONLY GO UP TO 1999 MODEL . AND I WAS TOLD RANCHO DOES OFFER ONE EITHER. MY SS IS AWD 2005. THANKS FOR HELP ON THIS .

There are a few people here who run a helper kit that is made by Firestone, to keep the truck level during heavy loads / towing... I'm not sure of a PN but it shouldn't be too hard to find it.

If you're looking for full on shocks, try AirRide Technologies, but IMO full shocks is a waste of money for what you're looking for. The kit from Firestone is just a set of airbags that go between the axle and frame to help out the rear springs.

They dont make air shocks for our truck. You have to find something with the same lenght as your factory shocks and cut the ends off of each set and weld your factory ones on the airshocks. When I bought my lowering kit from Andy at A&ACorvette he included a set of airshocks with the kit that he had done that to. I wish I had a part number for you.

I am in the same boat.

I tow with mine and dropped the rear w/ 3" shackles.

I had a Dakota RT that was slammed and I used the Firestone "Air Ride" helper bag setup with manual air valves ran out through the rear license plate frame and it worked perfect.

I tow my Typhoon on a flat bed weighs in around 5300#s.

My problem was even leaving 10Psi in the bags made it ride a bit higher and after lowering it with all those parts I wasn't happy with my unloaded ride height.

I left the bags empty empty for too long and ended up getting a leak somewhere.