E Fan Kit Anyone Try It

nastyss

**FOR HEAVY TOWING, SNOW PLOWING AND DIESELS EMAIL ME FOR OUR EXTREME DUTY FAN KITS.**

Hmmm I wonder what comes in their "extreme duty" kits. :laugh:

My advise is this, understand what these guys are selling - two fans that you ZIP TIE to your radiator, and a SPAL controller - that's it. You have to find/make a mount for the SPAL controller somewhere in the truck and then wire everything together. I will bet $1 the only instructions included are those packaged by SPAL with the controller. At least the seller is using the SPAL controller and not the FAL one.

I'm not at all saying this eBay kit won't work; but there's no PCM fan control, no mounting frame or shroud (the fans are suspended off the radiator), and you are left to figure out the wiring and solder it all together. You are going to solder this stuff together, right? or were you just going to use crimp connectors on a system that will pull enough juice to weld 1/8" steel?! And AFA the quality of the fans they use, if this eBayer is making a profit then his cost on the fans has got to be somewhere around $65 per fan, by comparison the SPAL 16" high performance fans we use cost twice that.

Anyways, you get what you pay for; I'm sure it can be made to work. If you are looking for the cheapest possible efan solution for your truck then scout the wrecking yards for a set of OEM fans & harness. Nobody can make a bare-minimum acceptable cooling solution cheaper than GM.

Mr. P.

PS - you can do the same as this eBayer a WHOLE lot cheaper - get two 15" or 16" fans off of a small car from a junkyard for like $30-50, and a SPAL controller, and a couple fan zip-tie kits and you could do it all for probably no more than $150 and still at least be using OE-quality fans and save yourself $75. There's a 'right' way to do things on the cheap... :thumbs:

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

if your wanting efans the hpm efans(steve and danny's) are worth the money

:withstupid: HPM efans.. ftw!...truely the best bang for the buck....plus an easy install with great pics for us guys that hate to read! haha... everything.. and i mean EVERYTHING! is included..and its an extreamly clean look...no tacky wires hangin all over like the others..u wont beable to find a wire anywhere. This is the kit i put on my truck and the only one that i would put on yours imo :cheers:

05+ silverado fans work great too!!! and can be had for around $220, just buy a nelson wiring kit & send in for a tune & your set.

nothin wrong with 05+ fans.. but i belive they only push about half the CFMs as the hpm kit..something like 2500ish cfms.. to the hpm 4200ish cfms..... then by the time u buy the harness for another $200 ish.. your about the same price as the HPM kit ..maybe alil more .. but still close anuf for the what your gettin... thats why i still say best bang for the buck is the HPM kit and your supporting fellow members :chevy:

nothin wrong with 05+ fans.. but i belive they only push about half the CFMs as the hpm kit..something like 2500ish cfms.. to the hpm 4200ish cfms..... then by the time u buy the harness for another $200 ish.. your about the same price as the HPM kit ..maybe alil more .. but still close anuf for the what your gettin... thats why i still say best bang for the buck is the HPM kit and your supporting fellow members :chevy:

:withstupid:

I couldn't have said that better myself. I have had nothing but good info from both Steve and Dan over my tenure here. I couldn't pass up this purchase. The craftmanship is excellent.

Oooo veryyyyy funny!!!! :idiot: ...

:lol: Hey just so you know, I had nothing to do with that - I steer clear of the 'decorating' department, too much weenie touching going on over there :jester: And if you cross the 'Manager of Decoration' the wrong way you get a softball in the nutz :sick::crackup:

Mr. P. :)

The harness is only like $80 from nelson performance so I don't know where you get your $200 mark at, but I didn't use that either. I have the 05+ fans with a fast4popper custom wiring kit. so I am supporting a member :D . These guys make a good product & liked by those who use it but the topic was about e-fans so I was giving him another option if he's like me & doesn't have that much cash to blow for something so simple & net pretty much the same gains.

ls1 fans approx. $100, nelson performance harness $100, custome PCM tune approx. $300. A total of $500 and now you will feel some real power not from the fans but from the tune :D . I would not use that CHEAP ARSS LOOKING E-BAY SET UP. LOOK AT THE CHEAP ASS SPLICES. THERE JUST CHEAP CRIMP SPLICES AND LOOK LIKE SH!T. Like everyone else said, HPM, 05+ truck or LS1 fans. :chevy: