What Should I Be Expecting To Pay

00silverad0

You can get them new for $150; the cheapest I've heard of getting a new one was a Dayco unit for $99. -OR- you could buy the Yank TT unit, except for the stall speed it's all factory TBTC inside :smash:

Mr. P. :)

Thanks for the heads up Mr P., can I ask if the dayco product is reputable or should I go with the yank? I'm not looking to spend alot so what would your reccomendations be for the best bang for your buck/ safe and reputable converter. I chose the TBTC cause they are relativley inexpensive compared to a yank or PI (400+) and a TBTC can be had for $150 new but I need to know what brand to go with. Thanks

Thanks for the heads up Mr P., can I ask if the dayco product is reputable or should I go with the yank? I'm not looking to spend alot so what would your reccomendations be for the best bang for your buck/ safe and reputable converter. I chose the TBTC cause they are relativley inexpensive compared to a yank or PI (400+) and a TBTC can be had for $150 new but I need to know what brand to go with. Thanks

A good friend and forum member here ran a Dayco TBTC for several years with a 125-shot ZEX kit & longtubes and it just now started to give out, in fact this converter is being replaced this week. But the truck did run well, and IMO I would not hesitate at all to use one in a N/A truck which seldom sees towing.

Mr. P.

Yup :thumbs: Just remember that you cannot tow in overdrive anymore (put the trans into 3rd to tow).

Mr. P. :)

Good to know, I just added a TBTC and zippy shift kit. I tow about 4 miles round trip less than 10 times a year. Can I still use the tow/haul feature or does it matter?

Good to know, I just added a TBTC and zippy shift kit. I tow about 4 miles round trip less than 10 times a year. Can I still use the tow/haul feature or does it matter?

Yeah sure use the T/H button - just tow in 3rd because in 4th the PCM engages the lockup clutch at 45-mph and the clutch inside the TBTC is puny, it's not meant for towing any load of significant weight, you'll smoke that clutch if you try to tow a boat or car or other load heavier than say 4000-lbs on an empty truck.

Mr. P.