Stall Or No Stall?

CenWaSS

So the question is, when ready to race do you stall your truck up (if so how much?) or take off from idle? I hear these trucks perform the same either way, what your experience been? How about with a stall convertor, shall I launch off an idle?

I personally stall my truck up to 2k and have had my best times doing that while shifting manually

How about shifting...what works best for you. Leaving in "D" and hammer down or 1st gear and shift manually?

I have a TC and now that I have a Radix your best laaunch will be off idle HOWEVER if your NA then no dobt your better times will come from stalling up as high as possible..IMO leave it in drive..there is always a debate about this but IMO no one knows when to shift your truck better than your PCM.

....HOWEVER if your NA then no dobt your better times will come from stalling up as high as possible..

I am not so sure about that Brad, through personal experience I have found that launching off an idle is better then brake stalling the truck. After experimenting, I found ETs and 60 foots to be .1-.2 quicker off an idle.....brake stalling seems to make the truck bog out of the hole.

Try launching shifted into D or 3 (lock out OD) off an idle, you should see your best times this way. :chevy:

I am not so sure about that Brad, through personal experience I have found that launching off an idle is better then brake stalling the truck. After experimenting, I found ETs and 60 foots to be .1-.2 quicker off an idle.....brake stalling seems to make the truck bog out of the hole.

Try launching shifted into D or 3 (lock out OD) off an idle, you should see your best times this way. :chevy:

Will do...I need every tenth I can get :cheers:

Your right i speak of nothing from personall experience......Ok I have a Yank 2600 and when i installed it and launched from idle and Stalled up I had without a doubt better/harder launches form a stall....if you have a stock TC then maybe the results will vary...but what do i know after all..Dan knows more about everything than anyone else.....I apologize for my reply since I am obviously an idiot and know nothing about these trucks or running them at the track....my bad

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

Your right i speak of nothing from personall experience......Ok I have a Yank 2600 and when i installed it and launched from idle and Stalled up I had without a doubt better/harder launches form a stall....if you have a stock TC then maybe the results will vary...but what do i know after all..Dan knows more about everything than anyone else.....I apologize for my reply since I am obviously an idiot and know nothing about these trucks or running them at the track....my bad

Brad, first of all :chillpill: :chillpill: I don't know what I have done to piss you off, I never said you were an idiot nor do I think this. And when did I say that I know everthing? That's right, I didn't......I state what I know and my opinions, put my $0.02 in, that's all.......obviously you have a problem with me. I don't come here to put other people down, I come here to help out when I can and to enjoy this forum. I was just merely stating my opinion from personal experience.....and yes my statement is from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE from a stock TC standpoint and with my 2800 Vig......

You have my phone #, if you feel that you need to discuss this with me like a gentleman, then call me.........

:rant:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Brad, first of all :chillpill::chillpill: I don't know what I have done to piss you off, I never said you were an idiot nor do I think this. And when did I say that I know everthing? That's right, I didn't......I state what I know and my opinions, put my $0.02 in, that's all.......obviously you have a problem with me. I don't come here to put other people down, I come here to help out when I can and to enjoy this forum. I was just merely stating my opinion from personal experience.....and yes my statement is from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE from a stock TC standpoint and with my 2800 Vig......

You have my phone #, if you feel that you need to discuss this with me like a gentleman, then call me.........

:rant:

PM sent