Dangerous Tires

Iam on my blackberry so I can't see this vid? But are you guys talking about the D.O.T numbers? That is the date there were made. Its the week and year the tires were made. E.G. 0808, week 8 of 2008. My scorpions I have were made on 4207. After this aired on TV I get people wanting newer tires from recent dates. Some shops stack old tires as on bottom and new on top, but ur actually get rid or sent back tires that are older than 6mos.

fireman post up how old they really are im wicked curious about this deal.

I have to crawl under the truck when I get home, I checked this morning and did not find a date code. These tires are raised white letter tires which I had turned in so only the black wall would show. The date code must be facing in.........

Wow very interesting. Had to go check out the rides and found out that my wifes tires are 0208 so they are good to go. I could not find any numbers on the SS tires or the tires on my son's truck. That last space has nothing in it. Would it be on the back of the tire?

I have to crawl under the truck when I get home, I checked this morning and did not find a date code. These tires are raised white letter tires which I had turned in so only the black wall would show. The date code must be facing in.........

Okay here is the scoop......I purchased these Pirelli Scorpion ATRs through TByrne back in January, they were mounted around two months ago. I checked all the date codes and came up with the following.....

Basically the tires were over a year old when I got them the beginning of the year, and none are from the same batch/date code. I am not that worried about it, but now that I know the facts it's a bit annoying. :huh: