Big Rooster/big Wheels

DirtySSouth

you got fvcked then cause bolt ons dont void waranties and for 7500 you could have had a 408

Uhh no i didnt get ****ed....and yeah, A plug in Superchips programmer DOES void the warrenty, as soon as they plug it in it tells them they I had aftermarkert chip on it cuz i didnt un program it, trust me i went round and round with them....and a 408 huh ? WOW thats a good idea, wonder why i didnt think of that....oh yeah, cuz I wanted a 100k warrenty with a new motor....ddderrr

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh no i didnt get ****ed....and yeah, A plug in Superchips programmer DOES void the warrenty, as soon as they plug it in it tells them they I had aftermarkert chip on it cuz i didnt un program it, trust me i went round and round with them....and a 408 huh ? WOW thats a good idea, wonder why i didnt think of that....oh yeah, cuz I wanted a 100k warrenty with a new motor....ddderrr

who really cares about warranties....

uh legally, no it doesn't. unless they can prove that, that was the cause of failure.

Legally YOU have to prove that it DIDNT cause the failure....Its called the Magnuson Moss Warrenty act.....So yes your right, you legally have the right to your warrenty if you can prove that it did not cause the failure, BUT its your responsibility and that also includes hiring a Lawyer to prove your case......I dont have time for that

actually, ANYTHING added to the powertrain that is not GM approved WILL void your warranty IF (emphasize that IF) your dealer was following GM polices and rules exactly. most wont for minor things, but many do. if you dont believe me i will scan the next GM letter concerning the matter. they are getting more and more strict as time passes... especially concerning PCM tuning and modification.

i like the truck, it looks clean. is it dropped at all? and im confused.... your profile says its an 03 but its got drum brakes

uh legally, no it doesn't. unless they can prove that, that was the cause of failure.

yes you are right wody!!!!!!

okk so i just talked to my uncle he ownes a chevrolet dealership. he told me that the technitions find what the problems are. if a bolt on part didn't cause the malfunction your warranty is still in effect. plus there is alot of aftermarket company that are offering there own warranty plus gm works with aftermarket companys and allows them to be covered uner the factory. cause my dads shop does bolt on performance for my uncle for new cars to include chips. if i was you i would double check and try to get some kind of refund or compensation. cause 7500 is way to much man. they charge like 4000 give or take a little for a new engine plus labor.

Edited by mcmahan (see edit history)

yeah ya kinda are hatin...i know its not a donk....and stock they are slow, so I dont consider them a sport truck.....ANNNDDD I had a chip, and headers on it, threw a rod and locked it up, and they voided my warrenty, had to front a 7500.00 doller bill for new motor...so im done with the motor, mine as well go for looks this time

no not really! i just said its not my cup of tea. it looks good man. dont get so defensive. i like the truck dood.

no not really! i just said its not my cup of tea. it looks good man. dont get so defensive. i like the truck dood.

Not your cup of tea, but is looks good, and you like the truck. :wtf: Weird response. How about you don't get so offensive. I am with Dirtysouth, the SS looks like a sport truck, but isn't a sports truck, 15/second quarter mile is slow for a "sports truck". However, the SS has great potential for a fast truck, but if you prefer to improve the looks rather than the performance, RESPECT the owners decisions. Also, mcmahan lets hear the proper description of a "donk". If I remember correctly, his truck has big wheels but does not require a lift kit. ALOT MORE TASTEFUL THAN A DONK.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Not your cup of tea, but is looks good, and you like the truck. :wtf: Weird response. How about you don't get so offensive. I am with Dirtysouth, the SS looks like a sport truck, but isn't a sports truck, 15/second quarter mile is slow for a "sports truck". However, the SS has great potential for a fast truck, but if you prefer to improve the looks rather than the performance, RESPECT the owners decisions.

i totally do. and as for the so called weird responce. all it is is the big wheels. its his prefrence to have big wheels good i like it. he likes to make the truck cosmetically good. great i like it. in my oppinion it looks better than mine. but i like the the muscle. cherolet made it the answer to the lightning,and srt10 ram. both sport trucks. yes the sss is slower than its competion, but also the sss is more of a truck that the other two. thats is the soul perpose of me purchasing my truck. i love it.

i totally do. and as for the so called weird responce. all it is is the big wheels. its his prefrence to have big wheels good i like it. he likes to make the truck cosmetically good. great i like it. in my oppinion it looks better than mine. but i like the the muscle. cherolet made it the answer to the lightning,and srt10 ram. both sport trucks. yes the sss is slower than its competion, but also the sss is more of a truck that the other two. thats is the soul perpose of me purchasing my truck. i love it.

Haha thanks SS SIlv....I appreciate that buddy....ON MCMAHAN response to the SS as being, "MORE OF A TRUCK THAN THE OTHER TWO" haha.....how do you consider the SS is more of a truck than the SRT 10 or the Lightning, im not giving credit to any truck as being better, but I damn sure don tthink the SS is more of a truck than the SRT10....I own a single cab 05 SRT10 Black on Black with 22's and its my baby, in fact it sits in the garage....put it on the road against any stock SS and I think anyone looking on would say it is MORE OF A TRUCK......Just my opinion

P.S. as for it being a sport truck......My LIttle brother has a stock 5.7 Toyoto with the Iforce motor, single cab short bed, and it will romp on my truck.....does that mean the Toyota Tundra is a sport truck as well ? good food for thought

Haha thanks SS SIlv....I appreciate that buddy....ON MCMAHAN response to the SS as being, "MORE OF A TRUCK THAN THE OTHER TWO" haha.....how do you consider the SS is more of a truck than the SRT 10 or the Lightning, im not giving credit to any truck as being better, but I damn sure don tthink the SS is more of a truck than the SRT10....I own a single cab 05 SRT10 Black on Black with 22's and its my baby, in fact it sits in the garage....put it on the road against any stock SS and I think anyone looking on would say it is MORE OF A TRUCK......Just my opinion

P.S. as for it being a sport truck......My LIttle brother has a stock 5.7 Toyoto with the Iforce motor, single cab short bed, and it will romp on my truck.....does that mean the Toyota Tundra is a sport truck as well ? good food for thought

can you tow with the SRT10?

sorry but can you guys quit being so f*cking winey...he likes his truck, you dont, some people might some people might not. Get over it and worry bout your own trucks....

DONE

got ya. some of us are hard headed.

My response on how i feeel about toyotas..lol

toyototundra.jpg

as for dodges i believe they are a great loking truck but i do feel the SSS is more of a truck in the looks department all around...you dont have to go any further than to open up a dodges door...they have a 40K truck with the cheapest looking interior i have ever seen...the SSS looks like cadillac inside and out...therefore more of a truck IMO.