Well, I Bought A Nissan Titan...

orion :: SS

Yep, I bought a Titan. It's a 2005 model, SE, Crew Cab.

Here's a pic:

titan-at-sardis.jpg

I (we) needed more room, and in all honesty...more 'TRUCK'. The SS is more 'sportscar'...and I need more utility these days.

...and I wanted a truck that I didn't need to be so careful with. I always babied my SS, but the Titan...I'll romp offroad, get in it dirty, etc...I'm not as concerned with keeping it pretty, really.

An example:

titan-at-sardis-2.jpg

I'd never do donuts in the sand with the SS. Didn't want to scratch it. I hate to say I don;t care with the new truck...but it's an off-road truck. A couple scratches will just add character.

The Titan tows close to 2000lbs MORE than the SS, which I really like (I recently bought a car trailer for my 240SX).

I really thought I'd hate the Titan...figured it'd be slow, handle poorly, etc...but it's not too bad.

I've already lifted the front 2", put on a Magnaflow muffler, and dropped in a K&N filter...and it's pretty quick. Probably just a tick behind the SSS.

It does handle like a truck...but it also needs new shocks. The Bilstein's on my SS made a world of difference, hopefully they'll do the same on the Titan.

Anyway, the SS is currently for sale...and even once it sells, I plan to check in around here every once and awhile.

I know I'm not one of the really well known members here, but I check these forum most every day...and I really like the attitude here, as compared to a lot of the other forums I'm on.

Just wanted to share.

- Brian

put some nive wheels and she will look good. :cheers:

Already covered.

The Weld EVO wheels I had on the SS will fit the Titan perfectly.

I'm gonna put some 275/60-20 Nitto TerraGrapplers on there, it'll look great.

i like it alot titans are highly underestimated

I agree. Seems like a lot of truck forums bash Titans, and I don;t know why?

It's a nice truck.

Thanks guys.

- Brian

Wow Nissan huh....I guess you were ready for a change. Why not stay chevy though? My VortecMax is rated at 10,500 lbs or even the HD?

Sorry to hear the SSS has to go, and that you went to the dark side. :(

Truthfully, I've always been a Nissan guy.

Owned a mid-90's hardbody pickup...a '96 240SX (still have it, owned since 1997)...a 2000 Pathfinder...and an Infiniti G35 coupe (traded it for the Titan).

...and I've had nine (yes, 9) other 240SX 'project cars' over the years, all bought to fix and then sell for a quick profit (to fund my racing habit).

So, even thought there were Chevy's that could do the job...A Titan made sense.

...although a new Denali 4-door was REALLY tempting. Those are sick!

- Brian

Wow Nissan huh....I guess you were ready for a change. Why not stay chevy though? My VortecMax is rated at 10,500 lbs or even the HD?

:withstupid: and if not chevy at least a domestic i like the dodges more then the fords cause there turds as far as performance.. but they do a good job towing with there broad torque curve. at least with chevy and dodge you could haul ass or a trailer ford's only good for towing. i'm not saying anything bad about the nissan, it's not my cup of tea afa styling but it's ok all around. i just wish everyone would support are domestic companys more, and i don't want to start all that well there built here stuff, the money still goes to japan so in the end it hurts are economy and what they supply in jobs does'nt equal what they take out.

:withstupid: and if not chevy at least a domestic i like the dodges more then the fords cause there turds as far as performance.. but they do a good job towing with there broad torque curve. at least with chevy and dodge you could haul ass or a trailer ford's only good for towing. i'm not saying anything bad about the nissan, it's not my cup of tea afa styling but it's ok all around. i just wish everyone would support are domestic companys more, and i don't want to start all that well there built here stuff, the money still goes to japan so in the end it hurts are economy and what they supply in jobs does'nt equal what they take out.

THANK YOU...the profits go to Asia= not domestic

I buy from companies that put food on my table...

Honda's BMW Toyota's...all built in North America...

Do me a favor though...Please don't put my American flag on your foriegn truck...

Thanks

Rant off...

P.S. Check out where I live and work for the reason behind my TOTALLY biased opinion...

Edited by cadillacbob (see edit history)