Big Cat Problem

ces63ss

Ok, we have new neighbors that just moved in 2 houses over and they have cats. This morning I noticed cat prints all over my black sss hood windshild and top of the cab. I dont now if I should talk to the neighbors or just take care of the cat problem. What do you guys think I should do? Im going to be really pissed off if I find scratch marks on my truck from those damn cats. :fume:

Well...fortunately, cats nails are not tough enough to scratch paint. It pisses me off as well when I go out and see some neighborhood cat has walked all over my freshly waxed truck. A couple of quick minutes of a damp microfiber cloth followed by a dry one, and its all gone. Very frustrating though. Short of killing the animal or parking indoors, there is nothing we can really do that I am aware of. People will let their cats out no matter what is said to them.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

Well...fortunately, cats nails are not tough enough to scratch paint. It pisses me off as well when I go out and see some neighborhood cat has walked all over my freshly waxed truck. A couple of quick minutes of a damp microfiber cloth followed by a dry one, and its all gone. Very frustrating though. Short of killing the animal or parking indoors, there is nothing we can really do that I am aware of. People will let their cats out no matter what is said to them.

I disagree, a cat nails CAN scratch paint, well my moms cat can. It happened on my 98 S-10. The cat jumped on my truck and I ran after the little bastard and when it jumped off it put a nice scratch on my hood, not deep, but it did scratch.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Ok, we have new neighbors that just moved in 2 houses over and they have cats. This morning I noticed cat prints all over my black sss hood windshild and top of the cab. I dont now if I should talk to the neighbors or just take care of the cat problem. What do you guys think I should do? Im going to be really pissed off if I find scratch marks on my truck from those damn cats. :fume:

Now think this through, what good would it do to "take care" of the cat, as I am sure you meen killing it? You'll be looking at legal trouble.

You are better off talking to the neighbor and tell them this is how its gonna be. Also, isn't illegal to have house animals roam freely, even a cat?

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Now think this through, what good would it do to "take care" of the cat, as I am sure you meen killing it? You'll be looking at legal trouble.

You are better off talking to the neighbor and tell them this is how its gonna be. Also, isn't illegal to have house animals roam freely, even a cat?

Some places yes, some places no. Our city has no law against cats roaming. I too had a neighbor cat scratch my SS. :fume:

I disagree, a cat nails CAN scratch paint, ...

:withstupid: Not only that, but whatever mud the cat has on it's paws will be ground into the paint from the pads of their feet and scratch like a mofo, about 18-mos ago I had to refinish spots of my truck with swirl mark remover to remove stray cat prints from my truck.

Mr. P.

Ok guys I will be talkining to the neighbor. I confirmed it was the neighbors this morning as I was leaving to work I saw the SOB run off. Pissing me off now. :fume: I would hate to have a anti-freeze leak in my truck as it can cause the sss to over heat if I dont notice the leak until its to late :nonod:

i am going to say this as "right" as i can, so here goes. when i was growing up the lady (asian and didnt speak a word of english) across the street had 18 cats, count them, EIGHTEEN!!! they would crawl all over her house and when that got old the would crawl all over ours. my dad called the humane society, nothing could be done, or so they told us... lets just say they slowly disappeared after that. it got old at the age of 15 when i constantly was under my parents deck cleanin up cat

sh!t. and to this day, i HATE cats! maybe i am scarred for life cause of it.

Good luck man!! you will be the bad guy, no matter what way you approach it

I also have the same problem dude! I have some cats around my house from somebody. And I have paw prints, poop! And at night I hear them fighting on the roof! Its like a ufc match on my roof! Lol.. I can't stand them I don't really like cats and this makes me hate them more! So I would definately get a dog. Good luck!