Musicians

zbishop80

Figured I'd do a post to see who here plays an instrument, sings, or writes. I play the following:

Guitar 9 years

Bass 8 years

Drums (still teaching myself)

Sing (not well)

Write

Current hardware in my inventory:

Gibson Les Paul 1960's re-issue (Black Pearl)

'92 Epiphone Special Edition Crackle Burst(960 of 1803)

'00 Ibanez RG550

Fender Acoustic

Martin Acoustic

Taylor Acoustic

Randall RH200 Head

Marshall 1960a slant cab

Peavey 500W Bass head

Peavey 4x15 bass cab

Mackie Powered PA head

Peavey PA towers

Cheap OB 5 piece drum kit

Fostex 8 track digital recorder

Assorted Mics, stands, cables

Of course if anyone is near the Montgomery IL area, PM me and maybe we can set up a lil jam session.

*edit*

forgot to mention my Ibanez rg440 bass, with Active pickups, its sound like butta baby.

Edited by Bishop (see edit history)

I play guitar a little bit. I play a couple of Huntington Lace guitars (strat copies). One with the stock Lace pickups (modern strat sound) and the other with the Huntington Holy Grail pickups for cleaner sound at higher gains (nice quack too).

I played my dad's 1972 sunshine yellow strat in jr high jazz band (jr high was 24 years ago), but hadn't played at all until last year when I got the first Huntington for my birthday. It's been fun relearning everything... Thank God for youtube backing tracks and lessons!!! I think I want a Jackson or Dean next for that heavy metal sound! CHUG CHUG digga CHUG!

I've written a few licks here/there, but no entire songs yet.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

I've played the Deans and Jackson's before. I'm not a big fan of there fret boards. The Dean's pickups are nice though. My fav by far right now is my '60's re-issue. Its got a good beefy Gibson tone that sounds great for the Metal I play. Definately gives that chug to keep a song moving.

Gotta love Rockband! There's nothing like a six pack and a cool night pounding away on Rockband drums! hahaha! I'm such a geek!

well I guess that makes me a geek to because Rockband is a hit at all my parties lol...except the batchelor parties but we wont get into that right now lol`

well I guess that makes me a geek to because Rockband is a hit at all my parties lol...except the batchelor parties but we wont get into that right now lol`

I hear ya there brother! I have a New Years Party every year and GH, Rockband, DDR, and Singstar get regular rotation once everyone gets hammered. Oh crap, I cant believe I admitted that I actually own DDR! It must of been that year in Korea I spent watching 7 y/o Korean kids dominate that game! hahaha

I'm a hack when it comes to playing. I've messed around for almost 20 years and haven't accomplished much. I know that if I were to spend the time (I have no patience) I am a rhythm guitarist at heart. I did "sing" in a metal cover band though.

anyway, here's what I have;

Washburn Dimebag Darrell "dimeslime" customized with '59 jazz seymour duncan in the neck and dimebucker at the bridge

Washburn Dimebag Darrell "girl-o-flage"

Jackson strat body (low end)

Gibson "Maestro" acoustic (xmas gift from girlfriend)

Ibanez bass

used to have a Jackson Flying V

i've been playing bass for about 16 years, had an ernieball musicman stringray 4 string 3 band eq, Gallien-Krueger 1001rb head 2 410rbh cabs ,samson 31band eq, shure slx wireless,korg dtr2 tuner, alesis 3060 compressor and a line6 bass pod pro and an older art x-15 midi controller for effects to go with the line6, all rackmount, got tired of the band (DRAMA) and sold it all for 1,500 just to get rid of it, so when people called me to ask me to play in their band i could say i have nothing to play anymore, i miss the playing i just don't miss all the bs that goes along with it :cheers:

Hey Guys. I've been playin guitar about ten years, singing even longer.

My Axes:

Taylor GS acoustic (my baby) rosewood and spruce

1960's Gibson ES-125 ( the one with the f holes)

12 string ovation

6 string ovation

1972 Fender telecaster (birds eye maple)

fender dreadnought acoustic

Yamaha PA system

sure Beta87a mic

Probly have a few other things but cant remember

I have some youtube videos of some song I have done(origanals and covers)

Love for y'all to checkum out, some are from church and some are from home. hope y'all enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebone218