Ss Won't Start

03CHEV SS

Last night park the truck everything was fine.

This mourning go get into a start and nothing. So i thought about most of the day and the battery has been getting weak. So come home after to jump start the truck still nothing. I noticed the ant-theft deterrant light stays lite. So I unhook the battery and no anti- theft light or is functioning properly now. I also notice when the anti-theft light is on the doors will not lock or unlock from the fab or the door panel controls.

I got purchase a new battery still the same thing. After about 3 tries the anti-theft light stays lite. I've check some fuses and swapped a few ign. breakers around and still nothing. This thing is turning everything to start (dash stuff) but does nothing. Fuel pump, starter does nothing.

This is starting to p*ss me off and I need some help here so please respond. Thanks

P.S. I will supply more info if needed but this is what doing!!!!

this happened to me once. your fuel pump is gone. when your fuel pump is totally wiped out it will blow your fuel pump fuse and your starter fuse at the same time. try turning your key to on position and walk around to listen for the buzzing of the fuel pump if you don't hear it...it's done, you'll need to get a new one.

Where the he** is those 2 fuses the fuel pump and crank fuse. Also why does the anti-theft light and the seat belt light come on and stay on.

Does anybody have a match!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again Thanks for any help

to be honest i really don't know the location of the fuses but if u could find them and change them it still wouldn't matter because your fuel pump is most likely bad. all the things your truck is doing w/the security lights and seatbelt lights etc. is typical. i was in the same boat as you. it's gotta go to the dealer..i know it sux trust me. srry dude

Well found the crank fuse and it looks good and the fuel pump relay. After you said something about the fuel pump I notice that the gauge is on empty and I know it has a half tank in it. So is that a pretty good indication also. How much is a fuel pump and should I get one from GM or from a part house. Thanks again.

yeah the fuel pump is definitely toast. i would get one from GM...i believe one will run you close to 400...i can't remember how much mine was..but mine was under warranty thank goodness. if you have warranty take it in and let them figure it out.

No warranty. Thats why I'm tring to figure it out. $400.00 :angry:

hmm..i'd check online and around some part houses cuzz GM will rape you with the cost of their products if u buy from the dealership. will you be doing the work yourself?

Yea I'll be doing the work myself. I have a already got the fuel pump out. I jacked up the bed on the drivers side and got enough clearance to get the fuel pump out. Should I get a fuel pump relay while get the pump. I think its good as I did some switching of the relays and the FP relay I put into a circuit that was working and it clicked. Is there a way to test the pump out of the vehicle? Thanks for your imput Jond983.

Yea I'll be doing the work myself. I have a already got the fuel pump out. I jacked up the bed on the drivers side and got enough clearance to get the fuel pump out. Should I get a fuel pump relay while get the pump. I think its good as I did some switching of the relays and the FP relay I put into a circuit that was working and it clicked. Is there a way to test the pump out of the vehicle? Thanks for your imput Jond983.

i'm just trying to help out someone in need and you're in need lol. seriously tho as far as testing the pump outside of your vehicle, i have no clue as to how that would be done

ok now let me ask you one thing. You parked the truck and everything was fine right? Have you moved the truck at all since you parked it? I had the same thing happen to me the next morning after coming home from work the previous night everything was fine. When I went to turn the key everything came on but when I tried to start it I didn't get a click or anything. Nothing was turning but all the lights and stuff turned on. So of course I got pissed off and starting cussing and throwing shit but then I took a deep breath and rolled the truck backwards cuz I was near the garage thinking maybe it was the battery I had to get it far enough back to get a car in front of it to try to jump it. So when I got it rolled back I put in in park to keep the truck from moving and then tried to start it again and it cranked and fired right up. I was happy and pissed at the same time cuz I thought maybe my batt was shot. My truck hasn't done anything like it since then I guess it just wansn't reading that it was in park of something. Just a fluke or something. Just a suggestion before you go dumping money into something that might not be bad after all. Good luck.

Well found the crank fuse and it looks good and the fuel pump relay. After you said something about the fuel pump I notice that the gauge is on empty and I know it has a half tank in it. So is that a pretty good indication also. How much is a fuel pump and should I get one from GM or from a part house. Thanks again.

here's a wiring diagram for the fuel pump controls on your truck. it still should crank over even if the fuel pump is dead. lot of problems with ignition switches going open on these trucks, fyi.

855329.gif