Truck Will Not Start (continue)

03CHEV SS

They towed it to the dealership and they said the computer is bad. They want about $1000.00 for the computer, flash it and install it. This sounds like rape. Does anybody know of anything different I can do. Does anybody have a computer for sale!

Its a 2003 SS

RTFA!!!

They're trying to MOLEST YOU!!!!

I would recommend contacting a tuner (I prefer Justin @ Black Bear Performance, but to each his own), and buy a computer with a tune already built in. You're looking at $250 for a 2003 PCM with a tune.

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

RTFA!!!

They're trying to MOLEST YOU!!!!

I would recommend contacting a tuner (I prefer Justin @ Black Bear Performance, but to each his own), and buy a computer with a tune already built in. You're looking at $250 for a 2003 PCM with a tune.

http://www.blackbearperformance.com/

:withstupid: Save your money and get a custome tune for your truck at the same time.

:withstupid: They're shooting high to cover cost overruns because they've got clear idea of what's wrong. Going core charge for a good used PCM is $150 and any monkey can follow the how-to here and replace it in 5-minutes. That's assuming the issue really is a failed PCM, I agree with Fireman31, they got no clue and just want to charge a grand to begin looking into the issue.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

They are just guessing because they don't know whats wrong either.......get the truck out of there before they screw you royally!

I hope you are wrong because I have a wait4me tuned computer coming in the mail. I got a next air tuned PCM for 185.00 and free returnes and they where really nice people to take too. If the puter is not the problem the dealership is going to get a ear full and I might call GM and report them.

They towed it to the dealership and they said the computer is bad. They want about $1000.00 for the computer, flash it and install it. This sounds like rape. Does anybody know of anything different I can do. Does anybody have a computer for sale!

Its a 2003 SS

how many miles on the truck? pcm is covered under emissions to 8yrs or 80k...so if you're under, ya, they're trying to screw ya. howeva a factory pcm goes for close to 600 bucks, allowing some time for diag, install, and programing, thats not a outa this world estimate... buying a tuned pcm sounds like a much more affordable alternative.

Edited by gmperformanceguy (see edit history)