Need To Vent

DGIEPSS

hey guys first off i want to say i love this site and talking to most of you everyday here is my life i am 25 years old bought the ss brand new babyed and i love the crap out of it i have a 91 z71 standard cab stepside to clean for the year very well taken car of it is my daily and winter ride i have also had my 79 camaro for 8 years had it since high school put way to much time and money in as any car guy would again super clean street strip car from the south and i just bought my first house 5 months ago 4 bedroom finished basment dinnigroom sorry for the ramblings guys long story short the economy has taken its toll on me and my fiance and she wants me to sell the camaro to pay off the ss and save our house or she is leaving me because i admit i spend to much $$$$$$$$$$ on all my cars the i all i would have left would be my cars that i love and be homeless without the girl i love WHAT WOULD YOU DO

Sorry to hear about the finance and fiance problem. 1 question to you. What will come next after shemakes you sell the car for what sounds to be a logical thing to do? I have a 63 nova ss ( were my name comes from) and when I got married I tld the now wife I was going to sell it to help pay for the expences. She would not have any part in that and told me not to sell it. She told me I had to much time and $ into it and that I would be pissed at myself for selling it under those terms. Think it over but whats to say later down the road she wont ask you to sell the sss and then something else you charish, you have worked your arss off for and spent countless hours working on. Food for thought my .02 cents. Thought one buddy, good luck. :confused:

Sorry to hear about the finance and fiance problem. 1 question to you. What will come next after shemakes you sell the car for what sounds to be a logical thing to do? I have a 63 nova ss ( were my name comes from) and when I got married I tld the now wife I was going to sell it to help pay for the expences. She would not have any part in that and told me not to sell it. She told me I had to much time and $ into it and that I would be pissed at myself for selling it under those terms. Think it over but whats to say later down the road she wont ask you to sell the sss and then something else you charish, you have worked your arss off for and spent countless hours working on. Food for thought my .02 cents. Thought one buddy, good luck. :confused:

I can understand what u are saying IF he was not going to loose his house...It's not like she is saying sell your car so we can go on vacation or buy a bigger house....my .02

Edited by WODY'S GIRL (see edit history)

im in a similar situation right now as well. i really want/need a house . im 23 and this will be my first. prices are just hard for someone my age to obtain in so cal . i told my girlfriend( 6 years together) that i would be willing to sell my truck to get a house. since a house is pretty hard to find something decent for under 300k . but prices are coming down with the economy in its current state. she also said she doesent want me to sell it and can wait to save the downpayment rather than sell the SSS. she isnt a car girl but enjoys the truck and car shows, just gets a little upset when a new box is at the front door.not to mention the camaro payment . so no mods from here on out.

id try to hold out on selling it man . if you have made alot of memories in it and have so much coin in it that youll never see it back id wait. id try to explain that to her and see if she understands .

i ve tried explening to her how much $ is in the car and she does know how much all my cars mean to me but we did spluge a little on the house and we do have a chuck of credit card debt and the sss payment is 700 a month and getting that truck paid off would be a great help to us and i know what i need to do it just kills me and thanks for all the great advice so far

well then it comes down to keep the sss or car? which will be worth more in the long run , the sss is worth the most it will be for at least another 30 years. youll still have a dd and car for the nice weekends. so that or drive the sss everyday and sell the other truck but i dont think it would help you as much since its older and you wont get alot of money and lose a payment .

I say dump the sss and keep the camaro. You set you have had the camaro since high school. There are a lot of memories in that car ( back seat :jester: ). you can always find another sss down the road. camaros are getting hard to find in good shape. You dump the sss and you save $700 a month. I'm currently in the house hunt like chase and I sat down with the wife. I either sell the sss or the Nova. Vertic came back the sss would go if pushing came to shoving. If that happens I can always either get another sss or a tbss. toughone to swallow man. No more mods, sell some stuff (ei. performance parts of the cars), try some o.t. try a roommate to help with the morgage for a little while.

I undertsand times are hard but if she loves you she has too love you during hard and good times, not threaten you when something rough comes up I know these are hard times but I wouldn't sell the car instead I would get a second job or something of that sort thats my 2 cents.

That's a tough one. First, she needs to understand that you are a car guy. I made that clear to my wife once we got serious. It just part of my DNA. :jester: Otoh, losing your house would be bad, and if she's talking about leaving when things get a little rocky then what is she going to do when they get rough. Rough spots are not a matter of if, but when, because every relationship/marriage has ups and downs. I would sit down with her, and have a serious talk about your relationship.

As far as what to do about your financial situation, debt is bad. It will put in a hole that seems impossible to get out of. If you have an opportunity to pay off a debt I would lean toward doing it. It's up to you to decide which one. Camaro or truck? It all depends on what you ultimately want to do. But, I would suggest paying off debt as soon as possible, credit cards included, and staying debt free. Just think of what you could do with the money that you're paying to other people.