Truck Will Not Start (continues)

03CHEV SS

As you guys know my truck was taken to the dealership and diagnosted. They said it was the computer. I wasn't going to pay 900.00 for a GM unit when I could get a tuned one cheaper. I had the first mechanic tow it back to his shop to install the computer. So I got one from wait4me and it got here today. He installed the computer and still nothing. I think he is out of his league on this one also like me. I've searched, talked to and everything in between and people keep telling the ignition switch. So I call the GM dealership to see what the price of one is about 50.00. So I call the 1st mechanic thats working it and he said I don't no whats wrong. I ask him to put a ign. switch in as it only 50.00, I mine as well gamble on that one. He is going to get it tomorrow and install it. I hope this works.

What really p*sses me off is the fact the dealership said it was the computer and they can't even diagnos it right and then when that didn't fix it where they going to charge me the 900.00? I really frustrated here and at my wits end with and don't no where to turn too as I can't afford right now to have the dealership rack a huge bill for me. Sorry guys but wish me luck and any more heplful tips!!!

Does anybody know where I can get a wiring diagram of the ign. switch? Maybe somebody can post one.

I don't know, but I will ask. Thanks

search for pcm relearn with the search button and it should take u to that subject matter. print it out and take it back to that guy and just follow the procedure. I hope that helps.

With a fresh PCM that has never been in your vehicle before, you need to complete the re-learn procedure in order for it to start. Did your mechanic check the ignition security module? I have a feeling that is your problem..........

here are a couple ignition switch diagrams for your truck. any time a new pcm is installed it must be programed to your vin., and a theft relearn procedure must be performed. to my knowlege, this has to be done at a gm dealership, using gm programing software. we get vehicles towed in all the time that independant garages put pcms in and now the vehicle wont crank over untill we program it. there is a manual relearn procedure for the theft system, but not the pcm.

here are a couple ignition switch diagrams for your truck. any time a new pcm is installed it must be programed to your vin., and a theft relearn procedure must be performed. to my knowlege, this has to be done at a gm dealership, using gm programing software. we get vehicles towed in all the time that independant garages put pcms in and now the vehicle wont crank over untill we program it. there is a manual relearn procedure for the theft system, but not the pcm.

There is a standard re-learn procedure that has to be done whenever a new tuned PCM from a mail order tuner is installed.........

--Attempt to start vehicle(should not start)

--leave key in the run position for 11 minutes until security light goes out

--leave key off for 30 seconds

--repeat procedure 2 more times

truck should start :chevy:

i agree 100% on doing the manual theft relearn fireman31, what i'm unclear on is the base pcm program, do the tuners put that in? every pcm i've ever installed comes "blank" and needs a base program installed first. however i've never installed a mail order tuned pcm...

i agree 100% on doing the manual theft relearn fireman31, what i'm unclear on is the base pcm program, do the tuners put that in? every pcm i've ever installed comes "blank" and needs a base program installed first. however i've never installed a mail order tuned pcm...

Any tuner who calls himself a good tuner will install the most recent GM OS for the vehicle and then tune on top of that. They will also tune in the vehicles VIN and other information. This way all that's required is for the other modules (including VATS) to learn the new PCM's serial number.

More simply, if the PCM is in good working order (even if you have NOT done the relearn procedure), the truck will still crank. VATS will simply shut the engine off when it starts, it will not disconnect the starter (AFAIK).

Time to start looking at your ignition switch, IMO. But either way, the money spent on that tuned PCM was well worth it; Once you get her running again you'll be happy you bought that.