Disappointed

CenWaSS

Raced a Joe Gibbs SC'd Tahoe today and got my *ss handed to me. I'd say I lost by about 2 or 3 lengths. I was told the hoe ran a 13.8 in the quarter. I thought I'd be hitting at least close to that with my added mods??? I then raced the same guy in his SS with a street tune only, the first raced we finished neck and neck, the second I got him by a nose maybe half a truck :wtf: . Sorry no vid, maybe OUT2WIN got it, we'll see.

Could it be my 22's are killing me? Maybe its the tune, I noticed my truck is shifting at 5800rpm. What do yall think?

did you go from a dig? id be pretty embarassed to lose to tahoe but at least it wasnt a expedition that would be even worse.

but for those mods i would have expected for you to still pull . i bet he wasnt a stock gibbs hoe a 12.8 in the 1/4 is great for a heavy suv.

time to drop some coin in some mods to pull him , cam and heads or a blower are always nice, or both.

did you go from a dig? id be pretty embarassed to lose to tahoe but at least it wasnt a expedition that would be even worse.

but for those mods i would have expected for you to still pull . i bet he wasnt a stock gibbs hoe a 12.8 in the 1/4 is great for a heavy suv.

time to drop some coin in some mods to pull him , cam and heads or a blower are always nice, or both.

Ya we went from a dig. The hoe was SC'd, makes me feel a little better... :sigh: The guy in the hoe also changed his pulley, I guess he was running 6lbs boost before now he's around 9lbs. What gets me though is the other SS, how could we be so close?

yeah wheels make a huge difference, weigh your 22's i bet the weigh well over 70lbs each. youll drop near 3 tenths or better with some lightweight wheels ( stock aluminum 16's or forged 18-22's) you want to be in the 50-low 60's for total wheel and tire weight.

also shifting at 5800 rpms isnt horrible usually mail order tuner program the 1-2 at 6k the 2-3 at 5900 and 3-4 at 5800 . the rpm at shift isnt whats hurting you its the rpm you drop too. however that isnt going to change a whole lot the wheels will be your biggest advantage as of now.

• 3 weeks later...

The pully swap on the hoe is giving it some power, More lbs = More power, try dropping those 22"s (I know is hard) and maybe looking into some servo's if you don't have them. What kind of CAI are you running? You should look into Outlaw, Volant, or King Cobra CAI, there badass, they can add up to 20 hp depending on the set.

I love the Gibbs Silverados, Tahoes, and Avalanches, I've ran Joe Gibbs trucks on both sides, Driving them and running against them, there a sick vehicle to tango with. good luck man.

The pully swap on the hoe is giving it some power, More lbs = More power, try dropping those 22"s (I know is hard) and maybe looking into some servo's if you don't have them. What kind of CAI are you running? You should look into Outlaw, Volant, or King Cobra CAI, there badass, they can add up to 20 hp depending on the set.

I love the Gibbs Silverados, Tahoes, and Avalanches, I've ran Joe Gibbs trucks on both sides, Driving them and running against them, there a sick vehicle to tango with. good luck man.

That same SS went 14.73 in the quarter. After I dropped my 22's for 16's, I went 14.15. So, so I guess, but I always want more. That same Joe Gibb Hoe ran very consistant 13.8's in street trim, not bad for a big SUV...definatly a sleeper.

For now my CAI is K&N, and I have servos :cheers:

well as already said those wheels are making a difference specially since u already went to the track with different sets of wheels and there was a 5-6/10 difference. also drop that mail order tune and get a custum tune for it.

BTW: the TYPE of intake doesnt really matter match because they will all get u almost the same results.

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

wow thats a quick hoe. i think you may just need to get all your mods tuned or just get all the kinkes out cause i know you can take me dont be down it will all pan out with some hard work

as Chase said, wheel weight is a killer. Plus the amount of gas in your tank is going to make a difference. I didn't go to the track last week just because I had a full tank of gas lol. Every tenth counts and with all that gas in my tank I wasn't going to get a new best. I say go for some forged 20's or 22's. 22's look the best but you can drop around 40 lbs in rim weight by going with a 20 inch forged setup. that's not even counting the amount of weight you'll dorp going with tires for a 20's rim compared to a 22. Tires are heavy on my 22's.

as Chase said, wheel weight is a killer. Plus the amount of gas in your tank is going to make a difference. I didn't go to the track last week just because I had a full tank of gas lol. Every tenth counts and with all that gas in my tank I wasn't going to get a new best. I say go for some forged 20's or 22's. 22's look the best but you can drop around 40 lbs in rim weight by going with a 20 inch forged setup. that's not even counting the amount of weight you'll dorp going with tires for a 20's rim compared to a 22. Tires are heavy on my 22's.

I think I may be selling my 22's, only problem is I just got some new Proxes (305/40/22). Literaly just bought them, they have less than 10 miles on them. So if I sell them Im probably going to loose my butt. I guess I could just the wheels? Anyway, I agree...I want some forged wheels cause Id rather be quick on the street than once in awhile at the track. How much would you estimate a 22" forged wheel and tire weigh? How about a 20" forged wheel and tire? I see the Centerlines weigh like 37lbs each (wheel only).

Looks like I have a wish list developing...I think I see a cam and some forged wheels in the future :cheers:

wow thats a quick hoe. i think you may just need to get all your mods tuned or just get all the kinkes out cause i know you can take me dont be down it will all pan out with some hard work

You'd be suprised...OUT2WIN has the same color SS as you, and is also 2WD. I beleive we have pretty close to the same engine (bolt on) mods, I do have additional tranny mods (TBTC/shift kit). Anyway that SS flat out runs...OUT2WIN ran consistant 13.8's and even managed a new best of 13.80 :cheers:

But ya I agree, some more $$$$ and hard work, I'll get there. Then I'll want 12's, this is so addictive yet fun :chevy: almost as as good as sex :jester:

You'd be suprised...OUT2WIN has the same color SS as you, and is also 2WD. I beleive we have pretty close to the same engine (bolt on) mods, I do have additional tranny mods (TBTC/shift kit). Anyway that SS flat out runs...OUT2WIN ran consistant 13.8's and even managed a new best of 13.80 :cheers:

But ya I agree, some more $$$$ and hard work, I'll get there. Then I'll want 12's, this is so addictive yet fun :chevy:almost as as good as sex :jester:

Dont say that too loud Mike.........Got me in trouble :jester:

I think I may be selling my 22's, only problem is I just got some new Proxes (305/40/22). Literaly just bought them, they have less than 10 miles on them. So if I sell them Im probably going to loose my butt. I guess I could just the wheels? Anyway, I agree...I want some forged wheels cause Id rather be quick on the street than once in awhile at the track. How much would you estimate a 22" forged wheel and tire weigh? How about a 20" forged wheel and tire? I see the Centerlines weigh like 37lbs each (wheel only).

Looks like I have a wish list developing...I think I see a cam and some forged wheels in the future :cheers:

The centerlines I looked at weighed like 24 lbs for 20's and 34 lbs for 22's. Tires on the 20's will also weigh less. I know my current 22's have got to weigh around 100 lbs. each(rim&tire). My track tires probably weigh half that. I'd say with those new tires you will lose some money unless you can get a good price for them when you sell them or maybe trade for some forged rims with tires. I'd search a few different forums for the rims or maybe even eBay. you might find someone to trade you.

We need to weigh our trucks Mike. Mine goes in the bodyshop tomorrow and hopefully I will have it back mids of next week. Ive been wanting to weigh it.

One other thing I can think of is I have 100% torque management removed and shifting at 6300.

Our next mod is similiar......if I cant put a cam by June, then Radix it is. :D

We need to weigh our trucks Mike. Mine goes in the bodyshop tomorrow and hopefully I will have it back mids of next week. Ive been wanting to weigh it.

One other thing I can think of is I have 100% torque management removed and shifting at 6300.

Our next mod is similiar......if I cant put a cam by June, then Radix it is. :D

Let me know, Im off tomorrow. Im pretty sure I have all the TM removed also. I could have sworn thats what Allen told me. Now Im curious???

If you know anyone looking for some 22's with tires let me know. I could probably make someone a decent deal. I'll place an ad in the "for sale" section.