Bought A 56 Bel Air

Wizard

So I finally bought the 1956 Bel Air yesterday. I will pick it up tomorrow. It goes straight to the body shop to get any rust and replacement done. Body is Super straight. Came with 327, brand new Turbo 400 trans, and new posi rear end. Car is apart but have all the pieces. Is a real Bel Air and I found it one exit down the freeway. He also threw in Motor stand, New motor creeper, welder, and brand new media blaster. He was moving to Eastern Washington and said all of it went with the car. He has tons of boxes of parts, and new glass. I lucked out $8000..

I have wanted this car for 10 years plus, and finally got it. I will post pics when I get it home...

Plans for car are as follows...........

Morrison full frame

LS2

22/20 billet wheels

Full air ride

Wiz

sweet man. cant wait to see pics. i love those things all hot rodded out!

Yeah, nothin $50 grand can't accomplish...

I will post pics, but it is not a great looking car now, but my good friend owns a bodyshop near me, and said he would take on the project. He does some sweet stuff. 68 Malibu with LS3 in it. 66 Nova with 572 in it. He will of course push me to overspend, but in the end I will thank him for it.

Wiz

My first car when I got my license was a '56. It was a 110 model. I got it when I was 15 or so. Had 3 different engines in it by the time I could legally drive. Last was a built 283. For what it was, it ran great. To put a time frame on it, it was around 1967. Ah, the good old days. :):chevy:

Cool Doug :cheers: You where just talking about always wanting one when You, Clay and I where at the all Chevy show back in July. Well that didn't take very long :D

I see you want to put in a Morrison chassis. He's breaking ground the 1st of the year on his new shop, and I will have part of the flooring contract. I can't wait to be on that jobsite when they start moving in. Anyways looking forward to seeing your build.

Sid

Actually I was really close to buying Adams dads car in Cali, unfortunetely it didn't work out. Yeah, I am pretty excited about it. Although, I am sure it will wear off after I start making a list of things that need to be done. :jester: