11.9 mpg

evandostert

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Volant CAI and get around 13-13.5 MPG. Depending on how heavy my feet is when I get out of bed, I can get it down into the 10's and 11's really quick. I did get my X2000 installed and I am waiting to see if there will be any difference in mileage with it on, I really hope so.

C.K.

On a recent round-trip from Pittsburgh to Indianapolis, i average 14.5 on the way out and 15.5 on the way back. Not bad considering i was averaging 10+ mph over the speed limit. I confirmed the trip meter manually and the mpg came out to the tenth. Funny thing is, i had 93 octane in on the way out and just 87 on the way back! Go figure. Unbelievable that trip meter is that accurate. I have about 7000 miles on it.

Mine is stock and I am showing an average of 14.5 and have seen up to 15.4 when not using it for little errands < 5 miles. I have not taken a road trip yet but am anxious to see what she will do. If I am towing my boat to the lake it drops my average down to 14.0

Mine gets 13.5 to 13.7. That's about 25 interstate and 25 city miles round trip to work. Best was 14.4 for 100 mies on a flat, staight two-lane road @ 65 mph. Worst was when it was new, 12.5 mpg. I have 4800 miles on it now. So far, I've loved every mile of it!

When I first got the truck, I was getting around 11.5mpg. At about 5000miles on the truck, it went up to around 13mpg. After tuning, mods, and 12k miles I am getting around 14.5mpg (over the last 5 tanks of gas) and I know I have a heavy foot.

I rarely see less than 2500RPM and often see over 3000rpm when accelerating. On the highway, I keep it at 75+mph, though I do have many 50-70mph speed limit areas near me.

It has been my experience that as the motor breaks in with GM motors, mpg goes up some. IMHO, tuning and some mods also help.

Archived