Ss Pace Truck

BOOSTD1

i have heard that GM started out with base silverado and added the SS appearance kit from their parts list and it had a 5.3 engine and was not even awd or even 4x4.. the truck still looks sick as hell. would love to make a replica.. good pics by the way... wish they had used the SS more, like they did for the Monte, Impala, Corvette. shame on Gm for not pushing the SS more ..

Chevrolet had over 20 Silverado SS trucks at Texas Motor Speedway doing pace car and VIP cheuffering between '04 and '06 - brobrad's truck is one of them, and a couple other guys here as well but I cannot remember exactly who at the moment...

Mr. P.

can anyone guess the drop on the first pace truck (first 3 pics). I am guessing 3/3? Please let me know I love that stance if anyone can guess on it.

My guess 2.75"-3" in front, 3.25"-3.5" in back; standard stuff, looks like a truck with the McGaughy's kit on it plus front drop torsion keys too. My truck is the same stance but I chose to run a little shorter tire, the red pace truck pictured is still rolling 32" tall tires hence less front fender gap than on my truck -

01_Body_Profile.jpg

Even though my truck has the McGaughy's kit on it, I recommend people do not purchase the product, I am not happy with it and will be replacing it with another suspension system in the future; the rear driveline/pinion angle is all fouled-up so bad that I would have to lower the engine/transfercase in the frame to get the geometry vibration free, and the front drop spindles were never redesigned to correct the tie-rod/bump-steer issue so the truck skates across rough pavement. I hate it but live and learn, we'll fix that down the road. It takes a pretty picture though.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)