My Nephews Experience With Carmax

scooter3

My nephew called me about an SS he found at a CarMax lot. He wanted to know a few things about the truck and knew I had one so of course I was more then happy to let him know how much I liked my truck. I told him that if it was a good deal and in good shape to think about it buying it. He had a 2005 Dodge Ram quad cab for about two weeks before it got stolen so this was a nice upgrade I thought. I checked out the link and looked at the pics and thought it looked pretty good from what I could see. It was loaded. He went back to the dealer and pulled the trigger.

So he gets home and has some time to really look over the truck and to his displeasure this is what he found.

About 20 shell casings between the dash and window. Also found some under the back seat. He pulled the bed-liner out to find the bed totally destroyed and more shell casings. The bed was so bad that he said it looked like they were hauling boulders or something. There were also 4 holes drilled into the bed for what looked like a 5th wheel attachment. He then crawled under the truck to see they had done some welding to the frame to strengthen the truck for pulling something. As you can imagine he was not happy. So the truck went back.

CarMax is supposed to pride itself on the fact they do very detailed inspections of the vehicles they sale. Well I guess this one missed the inspection. :M16:

That truck was run through CarFax but nothing came up......did he file for the $5000 CarFax guarantee? CarFax says that if their report shows that a vehicle's history is clean and you find evidence of an accident/fire/flood/theft/etc. that they give you $5000..........obviously that truck was involved in some kind of drive by shooting or something........

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

That truck was run through CarFax but nothing came up......did he file for the $5000 CarFax guarantee? CarFax says that if their report shows that a vehicle's history is clean and you find evidence of an accident/fire/flood/theft/etc. that they give you $5000..........obviously that truck was involved in some kind of drive by shooting or something........

I don't know, but that was some crazy stuff. He just sent me a text and said he picked up an 07 4X4 Silverado so I am waiting for pics. I don't know if he still stayed with CarMax or not. I have yet to find out. I hope not after all of that!

What kind of shell casings were they, thats weird? At least he took it back- if they were towing some big stuff with it then the trans porbably isnt gonna last forever. But the guy that had mine before me towed a big boat with it and my trans is still doing fine, knock on wood.