Hello From A Newbie

Ryan H

First off Hello, Happy to have found this site. Looks like a nice group.

I was searching the web, trying to find info on SS wheels.

I have an 05 Silverado SS. It was stolen a few months ago, and recovered 4 days later.

Stripped of the wheels, cowl hood, bumpers and seats, the thieves also cut several wiring harnesses. My truck has been in the shop for 2 months parts are hard to come by

Anyways my question is Have any of you ever seen wheels with an allen bolt used to attach the center cap ??? The originals were not like that, and I found it as odd.

Are there lookalike cheapo SS wheels on the aftermarket?

Any input greatly appreciated

there are aftermarket SS wheel but most buy them to get them in a 22 instead of a 20...if you look around here or e-bay you can generally find them at a good price..I sold mine with tires under 5K miles for 975 bucks.....sorry to hear about your truck but atleast you got it back and welcome to the site

Thanks Guys,

I think the guy that runs the auto repair shop is trying to pull a fast one. The replacement wheels he put on the truck have a single allen bolt on one side of the center cap. I have searched the web, and I can't find any like the ones he put on the truck. I think they are some cheap, inferior look-alikes.

Yeah they are stealing alot of SS's in Town. And don't plan on Onstar to track it. Those wires are (MOD EDIT!). I plan on getting several theft deterants......

The allen bolts in your picture are the pho ones. This wheels on the truck know, there is a single 1/4" x 1-1/2" that is used to attach the center cap. As apposed to just snapping on

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

Yeah they are stealing alot of SS's in Town. And don't plan on Onstar to track it. Those wires are . I plan on getting several theft deterants......

Mod Edit...Onstar is Great :)

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

please dont discuss how to disable security stuff in this public section...put it in the lounge! the repair place has to tell you when they dont use OE parts...you can make them use OE stuff which the insurance company will not want bc they cost so much!

please dont discuss how to disable security stuff in this public section...put it in the lounge! the repair place has to tell you when they dont use OE parts...you can make them use OE stuff which the insurance company will not want bc they cost so much!

Sorry Joe :cheers: