Truck Got Broken Into....

BlkSSnCpt

yeah thats a strange one , im surprised they didnt damage your door getting in.

i just think ok they didnt take anything so they must have been amateur's but then , they didnt damage the door or set of the alarm so they must have had a clue. id be worried about them coming back .

btw rob you can find the vipers online for really cheap i got my 1 mile sst for like 180 .

:withstupid: Seriously keep your eyes and ears peeled for another attempt. I dont understand why someone would risk going to Jail for just breaking into a car and not doing anything else (steal the car or take radio and accesories). I have thought this over alot since my 1st post, and can only say dont leave anything in your truck, they might have been after your wallet for Id theft/credit cars, or something else valuable you might own that they want.

How the hell did they get in??? My stock alarm only goes off if its locked and you press the unlock button inside then open the door. Are you sure you locked it the night before? I always make sure mines locked cause theres been kids going through my neighborhood stealing anything they can find out of unlocked cars... Good thing they didnt damage anything

Sadly just from watching 1 tow truck guy I have learned 1 simple way how to break into our trucks, and I was kind of furious when I saw him do it. I was in absolute shell shock. My dog locked herself in my truck at the vet when I ran into to grab the bill...

sorry to hear rob, our factory "alarm" is nothing more than a keyless entry peice of crap. the only way it would come on is if they unlock the truck from the inside. even after market alarms can be over-riden. I did with my viper7900 kind of pissed me off cause a theive can do it really easy and most of us do it without even knowing. pm me and I can tell you what not to do so you dont overright it. I feel your pain rob, had mine stolen twice in three months.

yeah thats a strange one , im surprised they didnt damage your door getting in.

i just think ok they didnt take anything so they must have been amateur's but then , they didnt damage the door or set of the alarm so they must have had a clue. id be worried about them coming back .

btw rob you can find the vipers online for really cheap i got my 1 mile sst for like 180 .

yeah i know dude thats wat i've thinking about all day, i really feel lik sleeping inside the truck with some heat so i can catch them but i dont know yet. Chase which model viper do u have??? got a link from Pete for some alarms at a good price, check it out: http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_produc...amp;brandtype=0 . think it's a good deal???

sorry to hear that Rob. didn't you just say something about how lucky you've been with that truck in Compton? glad to hear there was no damage. sounds like they knew their way around the locks but looks like what they were looking for, they got. either that or they took the small stuff to throw you off and were scoping out vehicles for a later hit. I'd ask your neighbors if they were hit too. especially the ones on your side of the street and most definitely anyone with a nice ride seeing that they hit not only your truck but your mom's Navi.

as for a stock alarm, mine only had the stock key fob that locked/unlocked the doors. no alarm.

yeah i did say that not to long ago i guess i jinx myself huh? i been thinking the same thing they just got in to scoop it out and might come back latr and try to steal it outright, most of the times i lik to park it at the end of the driveway incase i go somewhere but im not gonna be doing that anymore...

How the hell did they get in??? My stock alarm only goes off if its locked and you press the unlock button inside then open the door. Are you sure you locked it the night before? I always make sure mines locked cause theres been kids going through my neighborhood stealing anything they can find out of unlocked cars... Good thing they didnt damage anything

dude i have no god damn idea and yes im positive it was locked it's my everyday routine when i get home from work, take the headphones of my i-pod get out lock and set the "alarm" go inside and put my i-pod on the charger.... samething everyday i called my dad as soon as i noticed it in the morning and i told him we should talk to the neighbors about it, actually there's a guy that lives across the street from me with a decnt looking Tahoe with 24's so i might ask him if anyone has messed with his truck.

sorry to hear rob, our factory "alarm" is nothing more than a keyless entry peice of crap. the only way it would come on is if they unlock the truck from the inside. even after market alarms can be over-riden. I did with my viper7900 kind of pissed me off cause a theive can do it really easy and most of us do it without even knowing. pm me and I can tell you what not to do so you dont overright it. I feel your pain rob, had mine stolen twice in three months.

PM sent...

-Rob

rob i have the 791 on the maro and the 5900 on the truck for the added range, go with the 5900 imo. also add some other sensors,and a few of the others, talk to chris fast 4 popper he got me a few of them but the install is alot of work . i dont want to say what things i have or where just for the lerkers but chris will tell you what is needed and what isnt.

so i walk out to the truck this morning for work and when i get in and turn it on it sounded a bit too loud, i sit back in th eseat and look around but everything seems fine. give it a little gas and something just doesnt sound right so the first thing i thought was "F*CK!!! they stole my cats" but i quickly thought about it and it would be way to loud if that were the case. so i looked at my passenger side mirror and i can see my passenger door isnt shut all the way so i get out slowly checking everything out and i reach in to open the door from the inside becuase it looked lik there were some prints on the door and to my surprise the door was complete open. so since my dad leave about 10-15 mins before i do in the mornings i called and asked him if he saw anything suspiscious and he says that my moms Navigator was opened aswell but he turned it on and everything was in there (at a quick glance) so he just thought my mom had left it opened yesterday when she got home with some groceries. anyways nothing really big was taken just a couple small personal things from my center console and the little ashtray that was full of change and about $5 in singles, but the reason im actually really pissed off is that the alarm didnt make a sound granted it's the stock alarm but "NOT A SOUND" also the passanger door was completely open and my DIC didnt say anything when i turned on the truck and nothing was flash for the open door.

sorry for ranting guys im just pissed off and need to vent a little, i know nothing major was taken i already called the dealer about it and im gonna have them check the alarm on it and see if they can replace the little ash tray, i dont smoke but that thing was great for holding all my change.

-Rob

Sorry about the break in but that ashtray your lookin for will set you back about 80 bones.

im thinking about adding some cameras to the carport... i went out to work one morning to find my bronco's door unlatched and my glove box wide open

:withstupid: I was going to say the same, add cameras inside the truck, gps and put stickers on the windows saying "your on camera." I heard in NYC rap producer "Rockwilder" came out with a type of vehicle protection where if someone even touches any part of his denali, you can be shocked (I heard they can vary the voltage and actually knock someone out cold).

yeah i know dude thats wat i've thinking about all day, i really feel lik sleeping inside the truck with some heat so i can catch them but i dont know yet. Chase which model viper do u have??? got a link from Pete for some alarms at a good price, check it out: http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_produc...amp;brandtype=0 . think it's a good deal???

yeah i did say that not to long ago i guess i jinx myself huh? i been thinking the same thing they just got in to scoop it out and might come back latr and try to steal it outright, most of the times i lik to park it at the end of the driveway incase i go somewhere but im not gonna be doing that anymore...

dude i have no god damn idea and yes im positive it was locked it's my everyday routine when i get home from work, take the headphones of my i-pod get out lock and set the "alarm" go inside and put my i-pod on the charger.... samething everyday i called my dad as soon as i noticed it in the morning and i told him we should talk to the neighbors about it, actually there's a guy that lives across the street from me with a decnt looking Tahoe with 24's so i might ask him if anyone has messed with his truck.

PM sent...

-Rob

damm bro that sux,that alarm is the same one i got really good alarm allready saved my truck when someone tryed to jack it