Need Advice On What To Do With My Chevelle

70chevy03ss

Ok so I have owned my 1970 Chevelle Non SS.(but you can't tell) It had a 350 with a 671 Weiand Supercharger on it but I traded that for a 468 Big Block. I still have the supercharger for it I just need the intake. Anyways I have owned this car for about 7 years or so. Maybe 8 ? I decided it was time to repaint and add some goodies to it. I bought a Painless wire harness headers super 44 flow master 3" all the way out Exhaust system 2 years ago I started this project and the car still sits. I am now coming up to my 3rd winter of not touching he thing. So I am stuck on what I should do. My buddy that was helping me really doesn't seem like he wants to help me anymore. I love to work on my SSS and add new things.. And buy new things thanks to this site. Just kidding well not really. I love old cars like that thou. The rumble of the exhaust, and the smell. . I just everything about them. My g/f would love if I sold it and I know my friends want some parts off it. But I don't know. Part of me wants to hang on to it. The other part is like to sell it and free up some bills. At the same time the car is paid for I just need to get my a@# in gear and work on it, but I want to work on my SSS. Put he headers on it Pro charger buy the E fans, and the list goes on.

So what do I do. sell the car save the money and add it to my SSS. or keep the car and finish the build... If I was to sell it I have now idea what I should ask for it. when I bought it it rand a drove I paid 5500 for it 7 yrs ago.. Let me know what you think.. :cheers:

Edited by sick03ssbad70velle (see edit history)

Do not sell the Chevelle! Keep in mind that that car will keep its value. You SSS has many years before it will ever start to gain in value (if ever). Dont get me wrong I love my SSS and have spent thousands on it. But, you will forever kick yourself if you get rid of that car. The typical "I had a Chevelle, and I never should have sold it".

Wiz

in my personal experance keep the Chevelle weather you finish it or not. i at one time owned 2 a 1968 SS and a 1970. the 70 was a one owner that my mom and dad bought bran new. in 1994 when i moved to Lousiana i sold both of them and regret it almost every day or time i see one. id almost give my wife away to own them again.................

nota day goes by i dont wish i could still have my "evil regal" but sometime toys like these arent practical, and even if your doing a FULL resto you wont get back 50% of what you put into it, i put 10k into my buick and all i have to show for it is a bronco some kid traded me for it when its 3rd motor was startin to go

neway... if its been sitting for 3 years and takin up space, you havnt gotten any use out of it, and your still spending money on parts, you gotta make the decision no1 wants to make

but if you decide to do it and you needa hand let me know, ive been there and back and theres some things a guy CANT do by himself haha

i dunno man thats a tough choice. i had a 71 chevelle that was in great condition, but it was my daily driver. i ended up selling it cause even though it never broke down, i new it wasnt reliable. u dont have that issue since its not ur primary car, but if u havent touched it in 3 years, how much good is the car doing u?

P.S.

Post some pics up, lets see this bad boy

Edited by LeftCoast_Chevy (see edit history)

if it was me i would keep it but, idk about your finacial situation. if you can afford to keep it do it. like you said there is nothing like a old muscle car..btw nice car to have fixed up. just think of how its gonna be when you get to drive it.

keep the car, stop modding the truck. If i had known what i do now, i would have a blower and a t56 in my 69 SS 396 el camino, but instead, i waste money on my DD to make it "fast" lol. I'm trying to be conservative with my new denali, and only doing a couple cosmetic goodies to set it apart from the rest then, i'm going to concentrate on gathering parts for a Procharger install. :)

keep the car, stop modding the truck. If i had known what i do now, i would have a blower and a t56 in my 69 SS 396 el camino, but instead, i waste money on my DD to make it "fast" lol. I'm trying to be conservative with my new denali, and only doing a couple cosmetic goodies to set it apart from the rest then, i'm going to concentrate on gathering parts for a Procharger install. :)

Yeah I am still collecting my Pro Charger parts as well. Still need a few things.