Check Engine Light Flashing When Hard Acceleraction

So when i really accelerate hard, pretty much floored. I will get a flashing check engine light but no codes are stored in the computer. THis also happened when i was going about 105 mph, truck didnt want to go any faster then the check engine light flashed again. Any ideas? Usually flashes for about 10-15 secs.

Edited by rattlindodge (see edit history)

When you get a flashing SES light you are supposed to pull over and switch the engine off immediatly. The flashing light signifies a condition that can cause severe engine damage. Sounds like your truck is running rich at WOT, which in turn is dumping fuel into your cats causing the SES light......either that or you already have a fried catalytic converter.

My cats are junk, i got a brand new set just needing to be installed. Warranty repair but Alaska Sale and Service(in Anchorage, Alaska) doesnt have any mechanics that can weld so they just gave me the cats to install myself. WHat a joke for a service company, especially a warranty repair. Im thinking of not even returning the cores when i do replace them. Im really losing interest in Chevy all together after this. My 1st chevy i drove 100k(92.350), my 2nd i drove 10k(2001.5.3) about as worthless as the 04, this truck my 3rd chevy(2004.6.0) less than 5k miles and im wondering why i even bothered trying chevy again. Looks like my 94 cummins will be my daily driver this winter, i dont have to worry about any ses lights on it, plus it smokes my ss. Did i mention i have a SS for sale.

flashing ses light indicates a "catalyst damaging misfire". you stated you need cats anyways, but its hard to tell if they are the cause, or the effect, of the misfire. as fireman31 stated, could be a bad injector, or even an ignition misfire that caused the cats to go bad in the first place. your dealer gave you new cats to weld in? gm cats come as part of the front pipe, no welding required, sounds like they screwed ya. also be very carefull about the type of cat you install, 95% of all aftermarket cats are complete garbage and will cause a repeat failure. whats your mileage and mods?