Awd Vs 4wd

I'm trying to find out what the differences are between a 4wd Z71 and the AWD SS. I have the earlier but owners manual talks about not going over 65 or 70 in 4wd, which I dont believe is the case with the SS.

Wanted to see if it was a different transfer case or front end gearing?

anyone know

Oh this is my first post here

I'm James

I understand the acronyms but there is an obvious difference in the gearing at the diff or transfer case to cause such a limitation on my z71 as far as how fast it can drive in 4wd.

The AWD SS transfer case is different. It is built to be used at highway speeds.

Also, I'm almost positive we have different driveshafts from the 4WD guys, and maybe even front diff (or maybe just the gearing is different?).

4wd, has a different transfer case that uses a chain , it splits the power 50/50 frotn to rear in 4 wd.

awd , has a viscous coupling transfer case it splits thw power 62% rear and 38% front.

the 4wd is nice bcasue you can heat your rear tires and do burnouts, and some have reported to be able to switch into 2wd after a nice 4wd launch.