They Found My Truck

Pasadena SS

I got letter saying they got my truck in the impound since 9/22 which is funny because I called today and they told me there was no news on it.

I haven't seen it but I got a list of what's missing:

Misc. parts strip

radio

Alt./Generator

Differential

transmission

Wheels and Tires

Can someone tell me how much this is going to cost? To be honest I don't think I have enough money for all of this. I might have to take out a new credit card.

Tomorrow I'm gonna go tow my truck home. I'm happy to be getting it back and I'll let you know what other damages there are.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tell me you HAVE insurance??

:nono:

transmission - at least get a built one... around $1400... if the entire rear axle is gone, around 1k for a used one... $1800 for a new one (built)...

misc body pieces... who knows... wheels and tires... another 1k....

youre probably looking at around 5k if not more... plus installation... my guess would be in the neighborhood of $7500 if not more...

if you have insurance it all will be covered....

insurance?

He said in his original post that he only had liability to save money. I still think there is something they can help you with though, you should call and ask.

Congrats on getting it back, good to hear. I dont get why they couldn't tell you they had the truck OVER a week ago and not tell you sooner. Shouldn't they have known it was there each time you called them for a update?

If you can, post pictures of it, maybe we can help you with what all you need and so forth.

Good Luck!!

Glad you got your truck back. I just went through the same thing, and got mine back 2 days ago.

I have mixed feelings on the repair of the truck. In one sense its good to have it back, but its just not the same. Its a VIOLATION.

My repairs payed through insurance were $16,000- $17,000

thats for...

rims and tires

aftermarket hood

grill facia, with all the billet add ons

bumper covers, front and rear

seats, all 3

and there were 3 wiring harnesses cut

Good luck man, I feel your pain

let us know what misc parts you might need. I've got my old cats/headers if you need those. I've got the old alt but mine was going bad so I replaced it with a bigger GM removal from ebay for like $80. maybe some other guys will have some of the stuff you need and we can help you get stuff replaced.

I got letter saying they got my truck in the impound since 9/22 which is funny because I called today and they told me there was no news on it.

I haven't seen it but I got a list of what's missing:

Misc. parts strip

radio

Alt./Generator

Differential

transmission

Wheels and Tires

Can someone tell me how much this is going to cost? To be honest I don't think I have enough money for all of this. I might have to take out a new credit card.

Tomorrow I'm gonna go tow my truck home. I'm happy to be getting it back and I'll let you know what other damages there are.

Also i had the same problem when my truck was found. I got a call from the parking enforcement gal that found it and had it to a yard telling to go to the lynwood sheriffs dept so i went and when i show up this douche bag sheriff behind the desk is telling me my truck is still stolen... so an hour goes by and im their explaining that i was called and told to be here to get a slip to pick it up from thhe yard and hes sitting there like an a-hole when another sheriff comes out to check the computer he scrolls down and sees that it was found... the douche bag was being so ignorant that he would bring the page up but wouldnt scroll down and read the rest of it!! he would just see the theft report!!! anyway i got my slip and picked my truck up Sorry for such a long post i just had to blow that steam outta my chest i just get ticked everytime i think about it...

Edited by OneSlickSilvy (see edit history)