To Loud Or To Old

waltsum3

The first of this year i put on a flowmaster super 40 Dual in/Dual out. The case is only 13'' long, have alot of interior noise & drone when on the gas. Just bought a travel trailer abought a month back, and when i have the truck in tow/haul mode its really load. Was thinking about getting a magnaflow Dual in/Dual out part number #12568 has a 22'' case. Do you think this will help me with noise problem. Had went on a 3.5 Hr trip to VA pulling the camper thought my ears would ring for days :( . Thanks for any input :cheers:

When the muffler shop put the flowmaster on i was not there. So he just cut off the stock muffler then ran me daul pipes back to factor exit behinde the passenger side wheel. But what i did not realize is the new muffler would sit right under the passenger seat of my crewcab. Next muffler will be pushed back under the bed of the truck.

Ah I didnt think about asking you how they are placed. Okay, well you want to move the muffler to the rear of the truck, and then also move the pipes to the passenger side EXITING the truck (pointing out) this would minimize resonating at highway speeds.

the pipe bend going over the axel is whats giving out all the drone inside the cab... cut em off and have them exit before the tires and youll be all set, itll cut down the interior noise and you can keep your 40's

It's more or less the muffler, a bend in your exhaust pipe shouldn't cause a tone of drone. Several guys here complained of bad drone when having their exhaust dumped before the axle. FWIW, I have Dynatech LT's w/high flow cats, and a GMPP full cat-back w/22" Magnaflow muffler, and I have a little drone between 1500-2000rpm, thats all. It really depends on your choice of muffler.

I would go with the 22" Magnaflow.

:withstupid: