What Magnaflow

bubba3689

I will be ordering a magnaflow to replace my stock muffler in the next week or so but i need to know what kind.I want little to no drone, nice deep tone at idle (not ear-bleeding loud but louder than stock i want it to be known its not stock), and i want it to scream when i stomp on it. I know i wont find one to match what i want perfect but yall can help me. i will go with turndowns right now until i fidn the tips i want. What would be the difference in stick exit and turndowns?

What are the differnces in the 4x9, 5x8 ,5x11 inch mufflers.

here are my choices

4x9: 11inch or 14 inch

5x8:18 inch

5x11:22 inch

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed somelight on this for me

the bigger the case the quieter its gonna be

for example in the 4x9, 5x8 ,5x11 inch mufflers, the 4x9 is 4" thick by 9" wide and either 11" or 14" long where as 5x11 is 5"thick by 11" wide by 22" long. hope that helps

Well what I would suggest if you like your truck quiet sometimes I would look into some electric cutouts. So that way its quiet when you want it but when you want to get noticed and have some fun you can. Hope this helps

I'm getting ready to do the same thing to my truck right now..........I just cut the tail-pipes off of my old system yesterday, and getting ready to order a Magnaflow (12468) and put on some turndowns......... :chevy: .........The cheapest one I found so far, was around $95 from Summit..........Anybody have any cheaper sources??

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)