Truck Shakes Over Bumps

96vteccd5

What's going on people. First off my truck is an 05 silverado ext cab 2WD. I see you guys have a lot of knowledge so hopefully you can help. Whenever I drive my truck and I hit a pot hole or a nasty bump on the highway the whole truck shakes and feels like the steering wheel wants to come out of my hands. now the truck drives fine and I know I need to get my wheels balanced again. Man these 20s need to be balanced often. I am thinking maybe I need to replace my shocks but figure I would put the word out. Thanks for the help.

No noticable clunking just more of a vibration and it only happens going over bumps between 55-65mph. I don't believe the truck is still under warranty but I will check. Sitting at about 60k right.

is it only when going over bumps? because when i had my 22's on, the truck would vibrate from 55-65mph due to poor balance. You said your wheels needed to be balanced often? If so, how often? should be about once to twice a year depending on you're driving habits but nothing outrageous like 5 times a year... plus when you get them balanced, do you have the tires rotated? if not, there may be some uneven wear on the tires. Are you running the stock rims and tires? if so, how much mileage?

is it only when going over bumps? because when i had my 22's on, the truck would vibrate from 55-65mph due to poor balance. You said your wheels needed to be balanced often? If so, how often? should be about once to twice a year depending on you're driving habits but nothing outrageous like 5 times a year... plus when you get them balanced, do you have the tires rotated? if not, there may be some uneven wear on the tires. Are you running the stock rims and tires? if so, how much mileage?

Well going over bumps above 55mph. I have really only balanced the wheels once which was a few months ago so I figure it will be time again for a balance. Yes I did have the rotated and there is no uneven wear. Running chevy aftermarket 20's. I will try and jack the front of the truck up and test everything out.