Z06 Brakes Are On

JF-03-SS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right they dont fit! two thick,with modification to the brackets,axle flange and the use of different rotors i was able to get them too match...

oh i see, if you dont mind me asking which rear rotors did you use?

ive been looking for a big brake kit and im torn between doing a Z06 caliper or just getting Baer 6S and alumnisport rears How much for front and rear Z06 brake do the make adapting hardware or do i have to fab something i know what the baer setup runs 5k and it doesnt even come with vasaline

Has anyone used or considered SSBC's brake kit for these things? Ive been thinking about their stuff for down the road and just wondered how their stuff is too. Got their 4 wheel disk conversion with 4piston fronts and 2 piston rears on me and my dads 64 Galaxie and its a nicely done kit.

I have been dying to do the upgrade how much did it cost you for all the parts jeff.....

I pieced mine together for just over 2k. I would like to step up to 15" front rotors. Maybe when Ray is done working his magic w/ Baer!

Has anyone used or considered SSBC's brake kit for these things? Ive been thinking about their stuff for down the road and just wondered how their stuff is too. Got their 4 wheel disk conversion with 4piston fronts and 2 piston rears on me and my dads 64 Galaxie and its a nicely done kit.

I looked at the 3 piston set up F & R and it is about 1k more then doing Zo6 brakes.

dont mean to hijack but here are my opinions

1. the combination of the new brakes, fluid, and earls lines the pedel is so firm now that i can have it pushed all the way down and i can still have my foot under the pedel.

i am sure anyone with an 03 wil tell you the factory pedel is garbage you can touch the floor with it

2. you need to modify you rear dust sheilds.....in my case they are so rusted i need to get new ones....which means pulling the axle to change.

3. the front if you have belltech spindles requires about 2 mins with a grinding stone just to the brakets will fit proper. fronts in my opinion are way easier to install then the rears.

I totally love the look and feel.

Pros

work with stock rims and my 22's

cheeper then bear or brembo

looks great

you can do it yourself

better pedel feel and shorter stopping distances

Cons

so far...careful of the pads you choose my squel sometimes

the front rotor is almost border line useless, you are not maximizing the front pads, still better then stock but could be so much better

needs a 15 inch rotor for sure, if you are thinking about doing this mod i would wait save the money for 15 inch rotors or buy mine so i can upgrade :jester:

here are some pics i will add ones with tires later...

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

also i recomend using ford heavy duty brake fluid, racing fluid tends to boil quicker and will need to be changed sooner

fast4popper (chris) has the ssbc's and he loves them, they looked great to. can get them in different colors i believe, but they are pricey, but night and day difference..