Snap-on's New Tool Box

wody

thats a sick ass box man , id love to have a nice snap on box but i have to keep all of my tools in my work truck . since im always in the field. i do have a decent sized cornhole box i keep at home for the small projects . it kind of sucks if i want to work on the truck or car i need to take it to work unless its simple.

Wody,glad your girl is behind you on this cause 10g's to me is a lot of money,I think the Kenny Bernstien edition box i bought 15yrs ago was 5k and 1-2 years used.It is your money and if you need it get but 10grand means different things to different people,good luck on your decision.

When I would visit Ford Dearborn on business at their X garage or the GM proving grounds, all those top mechanics had $6-10k tool boxes at minimum. Many of them had a couple grand in airbrush scenes on them (one guy told me that he paid almost $15k for his box with airbrushing, probably a stretch, but still close I'm sure). $10k is on the top end of pricing for a box, but it is his investment into his profession. The $20k or so (or more) they have in tools and box put food on a mechanics table. Sure, he could save a couple of g's and get something a little less, but its about pride in the craftsmans work. The box wont make him more money, but he will be more happy and happy workers work better.

When I would visit Ford Dearborn on business at their X garage or the GM proving grounds, all those top mechanics had $6-10k tool boxes at minimum. Many of them had a couple grand in airbrush scenes on them (one guy told me that he paid almost $15k for his box with airbrushing, probably a stretch, but still close I'm sure). $10k is on the top end of pricing for a box, but it is his investment into his profession. The $20k or so (or more) they have in tools and box put food on a mechanics table. Sure, he could save a couple of g's and get something a little less, but its about pride in the craftsmans work. The box wont make him more money, but he will be more happy and happy workers work better.

word up! :thumbs: