Gm To Shut Ohio Suv Plant 2 Years Ahead Of Plan

Hankg42

That isn't the only plant that makes the Trailblazer/Envoy is it?

I don't know for sure, but the opening sentence is kind of ominous... "General Motors is ending production of its slow-selling mid-sized SUVs on Dec. 23, two years earlier than announced in June."

Its the evil fate of a 'tweener' ... a decent compromise for a truck and car but not a replacement for either.

Cars are almost as big and get superior fuel economy. A little rugged and tough enough for some truck stuff .. but not able to satisfy the true truck tasks.

Edited by Big O (see edit history)

We traded our Tohoe for a mini van about a year ago. It actually has more cargo area than the Tahoe, easier for the kids to get in and out, and gets alot better gas milage. I bet 80% of SUVs, big and small, never see any kind of truck type duty. That number might be a little conservative.

Wow, thats crazy. I can see them pulling the plug on the TBSS but the entire lineup? There isn't a day that goes by that I dont see at least 100 of these SUV's on the road. Didn't think they were bad sellers and I think it's bad to pull the plug on the entire lineup.

Edited by cwest94 (see edit history)