Carb Style Intake?

ss454327

as far as i can recall 04CHASE in the only one HERE that has gone the carb style intake route. also from what i've read is what you gain up top, you lose down low. unless your are planning on running high rpms, i don't think its worth it. here are some reference pics from 04CHASE's intake:

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC04170.jpg

thanks for posting those alan, any intake swap will require some modding imo its not that hard , just adapt the fuel lines to a/n its not that hard at all imo. i cant say for sure what i gained as i did alot of things at once with that motor.

Yeah it looks like it kills the TQ curve and revs higher than the FAST. Not what I was looking for honestly. The Weiand was dyno tested to put out some monster TQ numbers and really raise the power under the curve but they fall off sharply at 6500 or a little sooner. The good side of that is I'm looking at a cam that will go right with those numbers. This intake looks weak for the LSx car guys but outstanding for the truck guys.

the main thing that led me to this intake was air distribution , alot of boosted lsx motors with the stock type intakes seem to have issues with 7 and 8 going lean and giving out. rumor is that the air goes straight in the back two cylinders from velocity and intake design ( also associated with fast/weiand/etc) . however there are reports of these two cylinders have still had issues even with the intake swaped 180. another theory is that coolant flow is limited in the rear of the heads causing higher temps in those cylinders creating detonation or lean conditions. imo it is a combo of booth , what people are trying is also using a front crossover tube in the rear or i beleive pre 01 lsx motors had one. just an fyi .

David_G_001.jpg

just pulled it off my 6.0 since i went l92 setup, if youre interested in the intake shoot me a pm, i'll take 300.00 shipped for it, its powdercoated.. just intake no fuel rails nor injectors, i can throw in a set of new stock ls1 injectors if needed.. the elbow has been sold....

i wouldnt reccomend this on a N/A motor, actually not even 6.0 even though i gained 402 rwhp with my setup using it, i still feel i was robbed some by the intake... now if i went 408 yes i would keep this intake and use it, even N/A...

as soon as my intake gets back from powdercoating i will be running one also...Chase is giving great info the reason for swapping to the Vic Jr. is because of the lean spike you get in the back cylinders, so with going to the carb style intake you eliminate that