Boot Camp Survival

scooter3

Last weekend my management staff and I participated in the annual Boot Camp challenge at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego. What an experience. A 3 mile obstacle course that takes you through many of the same obstacles that the new recruits go through. Of course we did not do everything the new recruits do, but what we did tackle was difficult enough. By the end of the course we were pretty much wore out. There were 5 teams that participated from my company. We ended up coming in 3rd completing the course in 35 minutes. There were elite runners doing the course in about 18 minutes. Anyway here are a few pics from the event. Hope you enjoy.

My team, I am the tall one on the right.

DH000048.jpg

The whole bunch

DH000045.jpg

6 foot wall, easy for me at 6'4"

DH000023.jpg

Getting ready to run through some trenches

DH000022.jpg

Barbed wire crawel without the barbed wire

DH000019.jpg

Relaxation time after the race

DH000007.jpg

Getting ready to head home. I am the cleanest of the bunch!

DH000001.jpg

Thats funny if u would have gone to Camp Penadlton were we go for rifle qual and field training when we are recruits theres real barb wire But the pics bring back memories of gettin F-up by my Drill instructors! LOL Good old MCRD! I dont miss it! :lol:

Looks like a good time....That def looks like a fun experience...i wouldent wanna do that everyday but once would be fun lol..