Transgo 4l60e-hd2 Plate Gaskets Wrong In Kit

Has anyone heard or had issues with there separator plate gaskets included the Transgo kit 4L60E-HD2. I just had a call from the shop doing mine saying the gaskets are not right. There are couple of port different on the gaskets which would allow fluid to pass. He is on the phone to Transgo now to find out.

Well I got the right gaskets from Mr Transmission. I wish I would have had my digital camera with me when I dropped of the gaskets at the shop, basically the gaskets supplied in the kit had two round holes where two square/recatnglular ones should have been and if installed it would have left about a 1/4" of open cavity in the valve body above and below the plate.

I went back to the shop and picked up the remnants of the kit. I will look in it and see if the old gaskets are there to compare with the one's shipped within the kit and get some pictures from that. The shop showed me a seal kit for our trannies that they normally use and in that kit were 4 gaskets sealed and a note about an update of the gaskets you install. I will try and get some pics today or tomorrow.

Man does it pull hard now... I like it AAAAAAlot.

Edited by David S (see edit history)

Sorry for the delay. here are some pics of the gaskets in question.

post-11909-1223999731_thumb.jpg

Here is the old GM gasket.

post-11909-1223999763_thumb.jpg

Here is the supplied kit gasket.

post-11909-1223999780_thumb.jpg

Here they are overlapped.

You can really see the difference when they are on the valve body with the round hole there is a large spot on the valve body left exposed.

Any VB spacer plate that has the # 1 and 2 letters ( eXe. : 1TC, 1PO, 1PU) They require the VB and CA gaskets. All 2 letter ( eXe. : PU, TC, MU) Require the gaskets labled V and C. If u use the wrong gaskrts it may cause a TCC (Lock-up) problem. Watch out for 07 08 4L65E / 4L70E the spacer plate may be a brown or gold color. THE VB GASKETS ARE MADE ON TO THE PLATE!!!! Dont try to remove gasket. Be carefull drilling what u need to. Hope that helps. :cheers:

Edited by js_silveradoSS (see edit history)

If thats the case should Transgo not have put both sets of gaskets in the kit. I have checked with a couple shops since and all the rebuild kits they get for our tranny's has two different sets of gaskets with a white sheet of paper explaining the same thing you mentioned in your post.