Killed By A Titan

BigCountry

My buddy has got an 08 4x4 Titan, CAI and Banks catback. He was bound and determined to run me, he's got a private lane about 1/4 mi long and very narrow. We lined them up, gave a three horn launch with plans to race till 60mph. I rolled in a little too hard and went up in smoke.... Damn Goodyears.... but the bad part was, that there was no chance to recover, the rear slid left and hit grass, race over. He launched in 4wd and had no traction problems at all, not that he would even in 2wd, it barely chirps the tires. AWD would have been nice last night.

We met at the turn around and he said that thing aint sh!t. I blamed the it on traction problems and said I'll need to work on my launch, but we need a wider road to run on. He said traction can't be that bad, I've got 385hp and barely spin (that's a whole other argument there, haha) So I said fine, here's the traction problem I'm talking about and blazed a trail until 2nd gear (45mph) When we met up, he had a different attitude. He said he wants to drive, that mother is a beast, lol He followed me out for a ways with a couple of rolls with him following behind (traffic was tough). From 30 - 80 I pulled him good, from 40-80 (the dead zone) It was pretty damn even, but unless you can do it from a dig, it aint squat in my book. Sticky tires are in my future, hope it helps.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was mistaken, he was quoting the rated TQ not HP, he admitted he was confused, haha. We're gonna line up again for redemption, He wants all he can get before my LT's and tune. :P You think the SS would take him with TC on? lol, that'd be funny.

um where does he get 385 HP from? CAI cat back? u just need to ease into the throttle not or leave the traction control on and run him again. bring him to cali and ill give him something to argue about :jester:

:withstupid: send him to NY i'll run him too

You think the SS would take him with TC on? lol, that'd be funny.

Absolutely, start at 1/2 throttle, once you are moving 5-10mph mat it and watch him dissappear in your rear view............

He was mistaken, he was quoting the rated TQ not HP, he admitted he was confused, haha. We're gonna line up again for redemption, He wants all he can get before my LT's and tune. :P You think the SS would take him with TC on? lol, that'd be funny.

sure will it beats sitting there smoking ur tires. . . .BTW i dont know if u are or not but dont power brake it at all as this leads to more traction problems

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

sure will it beats sitting there smoking ur tires. . . .BTW i dont know if u are or not but dont power brake it at all as this leads to more traction problems

Yeah, haha, the smoke show was impressive, but sure didn't help much. TC on...... here titan titan. :chevy:

Hope you get him next time dude! My girlfriends bro beat an SSS awhile ago he wouldn't stop talking about how fukn slow they are, the sss was an 05 AWD, the sss was bone stock, and he's full bolt-ons. So that's why buy I assured him to run a sss with the same mods as he. Then we shall see who's slow.....! Good luck next time dude!

Hope you get him next time dude! My girlfriends bro beat an SSS awhile ago he wouldn't stop talking about how fukn slow they are, the sss was an 05 AWD, the sss was bone stock, and he's full bolt-ons. So that's why buy I assured him to run a sss with the same mods as he. Then we shall see who's slow.....! Good luck next time dude!

hit him up to run me so i can put him to shame and let him know how slow the modded titans are :jester:

If it was a Tundra I'd say you might be in trouble but a Titan should be a good kill. They're not slow and are either very under rated on HP of have one of the most efficient drive trains I've ever seen. A full bolt on Titan shouldn't be below 14.5 on the best night and I know a guy that pulled a 14.3x out of a bone stock Tundra DC then put an exhaust on and pulled a 14.29/96mph last friday. That's hauling for a truck that size.

hit him up to run me so i can put him to shame and let him know how slow the modded titans are :jester:

:withstupid: I want some too. I raced one once from a stand still (with no shift kit or TC and on 22's) and he could not keep up. Pretty even through 1st but I began pulling away once I hit 2nd, Id say he was 1 1/2 trucks behind by 80mph.

I was actually impressed on how well this Tundra did (almost had me worried)...but still no match for the SS :cheers:

:withstupid: I want some too. I raced one once from a stand still (with no shift kit or TC and on 22's) and he could not keep up. Pretty even through 1st but I began pulling away once I hit 2nd, Id say he was 1 1/2 trucks behind by 80mph.

I was actually impressed on how well this Tundra did (almost had me worried)...but still no match for the SS :cheers:

My bad, I thought we were talking about Tundras...Titans aint even worth racing, thats like taking candy away from a baby :chevy:

My bad, I thought we were talking about Tundras...Titans aint even worth racing, thats like taking candy away from a baby :chevy:

What kind of Tundra did you run? The Crewmax stock for stock will run with an SS and the DC is more than 1/2 a second quicker that them...forget a RC because they're breaking high 13's STOCK... :confused: The down side to them (the very reason I went with the SS) is they don't have a lot of mods available AND if they ever do it will be expensive.

yea man with tc on you will get him ive beat a couple nissans. my truck is like yours same color and all. chevy made our trucks practical and able to be used as a truck so thats why they are not as fast as the ford or dodge. but with a little work we can be way faster than them.

yea man with tc on you will get him ive beat a couple nissans. my truck is like yours same color and all. chevy made our trucks practical and able to be used as a truck so thats why they are not as fast as the ford or dodge. but with a little work we can be way faster than them.

When you say Ford or dodge, I hope you are refering to the Lightning or SRT10