Killed By A Titan

BigCountry

I don't see using the TC. My will bog down every time off the line. I use to just ease into the throttle and pull on them. Now that I've got my home made cal tracs on, the tires grab much more. As a matter of fact, it's hard to do a burn out now. It just puts me back in my seat and launches hard. Get your tune and headers, and you beat him with ease. The drive train set up on them are very good. I wish that GM would have given us a 5 speed tranny, and a 4:10 axle for the 2wd. We would have much better launches. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of Tundra did you run? The Crewmax stock for stock will run with an SS and the DC is more than 1/2 a second quicker that them...forget a RC because they're breaking high 13's STOCK... :confused: The down side to them (the very reason I went with the SS) is they don't have a lot of mods available AND if they ever do it will be expensive.

Mods are becoming more available for us Tundras and there are a few titans well into the 13's and one guy into the 12's. I know this isnt too impressive when guys like chase and co. are into the 11's, but considering the aftermarket available for you guys and and then compared to the titans, theyre doing pretty good with what they have.

You so Cali guys going to fontana in november? Be cool to meet some of you and see some of your rides.

Mods are becoming more available for us Tundras and there are a few titans well into the 13's and one guy into the 12's. I know this isnt too impressive when guys like chase and co. are into the 11's, but considering the aftermarket available for you guys and and then compared to the titans, theyre doing pretty good with what they have.

You so Cali guys going to fontana in november? Be cool to meet some of you and see some of your rides.

u should roll and run your truck

What kind of Tundra did you run? The Crewmax stock for stock will run with an SS and the DC is more than 1/2 a second quicker that them...forget a RC because they're breaking high 13's STOCK... :confused: The down side to them (the very reason I went with the SS) is they don't have a lot of mods available AND if they ever do it will be expensive.

Not to jack a Titan kill thread but the Tundra was a 4x4 crewcab with the iForce engine. Sounded like it had exhaust.

I plan too, wanna see what the custom tune does for my times. Im really hoping to be into the 13's...maybe a 13.8 or so, that is if i can hook up. Had a real hard time getting the tires to bite at irwindale a couple weeks ago.

can you post times from your 1/8 mile runs

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

can you post times from your 1/8 mile runs

Heres my best run so far, but it was from back in May when I only had intake and exhaust and a clean launch. 9.1@76mph

Since then ive added headers, a tuner, and got it custom tuned. A couple weeks ago I couldnt launch no matter what I did and kept spinning really bad. The best I got was a 9.3 but it was at 76 mph still, so im sure if i can get traction ill be into the 8's on my 1/8 and possibly 13's in the

1/4.

post-15263-1223761339_thumb.jpg

Edited by socaliallstar82 (see edit history)

Heres my best run so far, but it was from back in May when I only had intake and exhaust and a clean launch. 9.1@76mph

Since then ive added headers, a tuner, and got it custom tuned. A couple weeks ago I couldnt launch no matter what I did and kept spinning really bad. The best I got was a 9.3 but it was at 76 mph still, so im sure if i can get traction ill be into the 8's on my 1/8 and possibly 13's in the

1/4.

nice run, hopefully you can make it to the track

1/4.

Whats up with the reaction time, am i reading that slip right 1.165? Just to give you an idea of my last run :cheers:

RT (sucks) .2730

60ft 2.01

1/8 9.008 @ 76.93mph

1/4 14.15 @ 95.40mph

Have you ran your truck in the 1/4? If so how'd you do? Good luck on getting into the 13's :cheers: Post your times when you get a chance.

Whats up with the reaction time, am i reading that slip right 1.165? Just to give you an idea of my last run :cheers:

RT (sucks) .2730

60ft 2.01

1/8 9.008 @ 76.93mph

1/4 14.15 @ 95.40mph

Have you ran your truck in the 1/4? If so how'd you do? Good luck on getting into the 13's :cheers: Post your times when you get a chance.

Ive already accepted the fact that i'll never be a pro drag racer as my r/t always suck.lol. The best r/t ive ever got was a .5. The only time ive ever ran the 1/4 was about 6 months ago and I did terrible. This was before my tuner and after the headers. The headers really slowd me down. I couldnt get better than a 9.5 in the 1/8 and ended up with two 14.8's, and it was starting to get hotter. I was really disapointed that the headers didnt help. Really screwed with the air fuel ratio. Kinda sad when stock guys are runnin 14.1's.

Hell when i was getting my truck tuned, I picked up 20 hp just from messin with the A/F, not including the timing advance. So, im looking forward to next month. Got any tips on how to improve my r/t? Or is it just skill? lol

You'll get there (13's) :cheers: Did you change out your wheels/tires? If so what size were you running. Im not sure about were you run (maybe there the same?) but we run with a tree that has 3 lights. I leave on the second light and Im still slower than Id like to be, I range from about mid .4's to mid .2's on my RT. Slow Rt's suck when you bracket race as I have, course Im always racing the clock...working on my 13et run too :cheers:

You'll get there (13's) :cheers: Did you change out your wheels/tires? If so what size were you running. Im not sure about were you run (maybe there the same?) but we run with a tree that has 3 lights. I leave on the second light and Im still slower than Id like to be, I range from about mid .4's to mid .2's on my RT. Slow Rt's suck when you bracket race as I have, course Im always racing the clock...working on my 13et run too :cheers:

not sure if you know or not but FWIW your R/T time has nothing to do with your 1/4 mile time. you could have a .500 R/t and run 12.00 or a 1.30 R/T and run 12.00