Storing The Ss

F1SSS

I have been thinking more and more to store the SS in the garage this winter and go without a DD. Adding rust and miles dont add up to me. Any tips on how to store the truck properly? Like should I do an oil change now before she is stored (Yes I am stupid on this topic and have never stored the truck before) I will be pulling it out and letting her warm up and drive down my road (its private and I can get away w/no plates) very rarely, probably once a week at most. Please let me know, any info will help.

Change the oil, Get a trickle charger, Wash and wax it, Fill the tank and use a bottle of fuel stabilizer,open a box of baking soda in the cab of the truck, Also If you can its a good idea to get some jack stand and put them on all four corners of the frame, so the tires dont get flat spots.

Thank you so much all for the info. It will be in the garage (need a coolant flush). I thought it might be better to store without gas and leave it on E, but I will add some gas and put fuel stabilizer in. Thanks again for all the help. Thank you for the rodent tip also, never would have thought of it, I was thinking a cat would take care of that but then I remembered a thread where someone had a cat scratch their truck. This is my first vehicle being stored. :thumbsup:

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)