Organic Foods

SS Silv

Anyone else puchase produce and meats that are either certified organic and or hormone and anti-biotic free?

Most of the time I will purchase organic produce, and ALL of the time I will purchase meat that is hormone and ant-biotic free as well as organic feed. I can defintatly tell the meat tastes better.

Over the past year I have turned to consuming natural food and supplements and I feel great. I have also cut out soda, candy, coffee, alcohol, and anything that contains MSG (monosodium glutamate) you would be surprised how many foods contain MSG. Check your cupboards.

I have been eating organic most of the time (I still cheat :D ) and I also take organic supplements for about the last 5 years. The funny thing is, whenever I try to share this with people, they ask about the cost and they whine about the price. I guess some people think there health & life is worth pennies saved :rolleyes:

Edited by SSleepingbeauty (see edit history)

I have been eating organic most of the time (I still cheat :D ) and I also take organic supplements for about the last 5 years. The funny thing is, whenever I try to share this with people, they ask about the cost and they whine about the price. I guess some people think there health & life is worth pennies saved :rolleyes:

Exactly :thumbs:

I have never never noticed a difference.

You probably won't, but it is better for you body. Any less chemicals that you put into your body, the better.

Try buying some organic eggs preferably from a local farmer. I made friends with a local farmer and the eggs are amazing. The yoke is orange instead of yellow, the way they should be. And the yoke sits about 1.5" off the pan. They taste so much better than industrialized chicken eggs.

ive also though of doing this. i have wanted to ask is there a specific grocery store that sells this meat or can you buy it any where. we do our shopping on base tax free thats the only reason. i just wanna get my heath right. thanks

ive also though of doing this. i have wanted to ask is there a specific grocery store that sells this meat or can you buy it any where. we do our shopping on base tax free thats the only reason. i just wanna get my heath right. thanks

I am not sure what stores you have by you but Whole foods Market or Trader Joes.

Trader Joe On 40th & Bridgeport, Metropolitan Market on N 26th & Proctor. Both in Tacoma :pepsicheer:

Actually from Dupont, you can go right behind No. Fort into Stillacum right into UP About 15 minute drive

Edited by SSleepingbeauty (see edit history)

I am happy to hear that you concider purchasing natural food. I am not familiar with your local markets, so you will have to search. The thing to look for is the USDA Organic label on the produce. And look for non-hormone and anitbiotic free meats.

Good luck!

I am happy to hear that you concider purchasing natural food. I am not familiar with your local markets, so you will have to search. The thing to look for is the USDA Organic label on the produce. And look for non-hormone and anitbiotic free meats.

Good luck!

thanks bro. being in the army they are really helth concious. but my mom has had some health issues lately and it just scares the hell out of me. its all from blood pressure, colestarol(?) and poor diet. so i wanna make sure im here for my family longer and help myself by being healthy. nice post again thanks for the idea.

Trader Joe On 40th & Bridgeport, Metropolitan Market on N 26th & Proctor. Both in Tacoma :pepsicheer:

Actually from Dupont, you can go right behind No. Fort into Stillacum right into UP About 15 minute drive

thanks sid. btw how have ya been. sorry i never got to say good bye at the meet. it was a pleasure to meet you and your better half lol jk.

NO ALCOHOL!! :pepsicheer: just kidding. i have thought about it but i love hot wings, burgers, any kind of fast food, Fried Chicken, pizza and its sad to say but the only thing to do in the little town i live in is drink. we only have 1 grocery store and they dont even carry fresh meat much less organic meat. to get any organic product i would have to travel 60 miles to Columbia. i would like to try the organic meat sounds like it tastes better. i am just a southern meat and potatoes type guy.......while were on this subject my girlfriend drinks something called Mona vie. its a drink that comes in a wine looking bottle and is all natural with acia berrys in it. She swears by it and says she feels more energized.