How Many Guys Drive Their Sss Im The Snowy Months?

mike1booth

reason i ask is im torn... id like to get another car but i dont wana spend any cash, so i found an 85 monte that the owner will trade for my bronco (winter ride) if i do this then ill probably be driving my truck in the snow which id rather not do

what do you think?

how do you protect your truck in the winter? (other than waxing)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive mine but you would never know it. It helps that they don't salt the roads in ND. What I do to help protect it is apply a couple coats of Zaino. However, I do take off my chrome wheels and put the stockers back on. I also put different floor mats in because they can get pretty trashed.

I think I could count on one hand the number of times I drove the truck during bad weather in the winter. I will say this much, the all wheel drive sure is nice in bad weather conditions but I'll still leave that at home and drive the other 4x4. :)

To me AWD means:

A - All

W - Weather

D - Drive

I have some Avalanche take-off wheels with a SNOW tire (not All Season's) mounted on them. As for protecting it; When the temperature permits, I run it through a "touchless" Car Wash that has a undercarrage wash. Have done this since it was new.

To me AWD means:

A - All

W - Weather

D - Drive

I have some Avalanche take-off wheels with a SNOW tire (not All Season's) mounted on them. As for protecting it; When the temperature permits, I run it through a "touchless" Car Wash that has a undercarrage wash. Have done this since it was new.

thanks i appreciate the nut crushing... i know i can DRIVE it in the snow... i drove it last year my concern is the paint its already bad enough

just wash it when the weather allows and always get an undercarriage flush. My truck was zebarted or something like it by the last owner so I have no issue at all in winter other than I need to buy new tires. Its a truck so don't be afraid to drive it in bad weather I'm aware that its an ss but overall its still a truck. The only issue I had last year is my damn windows kept freezing so I couldnt roll em down to go through a drivethru for food but to take care of that I just got some de-icer stuff and sprayed the weather striping with it and it did good after that.

The worse the weather, generally, the more I have to be out in it. Just keep it as clean as you can. If it's above freezing, it's getting washed... when it gets washed, it gets waxed.

My SS will be driven to it's rusted out grave, rather it be another 20 years, or another 70 years. It's a Chevy truck, not a Ford, not a Dodge, not an Import. It's actually the reason I sorta wanted the SS in the first place.

thanks i appreciate the nut crushing... i know i can DRIVE it in the snow... i drove it last year my concern is the paint its already bad enough

What part of his post was nut crushing?? He's just stating the facts.

What is wrong with your paint?

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

drive mine year round here in maine and most would not beable to tell hardly any rust on the undercarriage. like the others said just wash it when the weather permits and you will be fine. Another option is to get the truck undercoated or put a rust preventing compund on it.

What part of his post was nut crushing?? He's just stating the facts.

What is wrong with your paint?

the AWD thing looks like your giving me $hit or calling me a dummy... as far as the paint, all the sandblasting from trsaffic and just driving in general beind each tire and all over the nose (i know i know mud flaps) but its already bad whats the point now id just like to know if anyone is doing anything quick and easy to prevent it sprays? compounds? maby vaseline? (like the oldschool hotrodders)

Ima driving mine this winter. I'll put the stock wheels back on as most mentioned. I'll wash it off when weather permits.

It's my DD so weather won't be a factor for me. I just hope I can get around if we get a heavy snow. (I've always had 4x4 in the past).

Previous owner told me he got around fine in the 16" snow fall we had a couple years ago. Only thing is ICE Sucks! no matter what your driving.