With Oil Prices So Low($75 A Barrel) Gas Prices Should Be Lower&#

SSThunder

The national avg should be well below $3 a gallon today but it's not. The middle men in the market are making a killing so what the hell can we do to lower the price of gas? In my area(Lexington,KY) the price of 87 octane is down to the $2.80 range but that's still a good $0.60 higher than it should be. I know CA guys are still paying way over $3.00 and that is just wrong. What do you guys/gals think?

Im still paying about 3.50 in my area and ive thinking about thi for the last week whenever oil prices go up gas stations are quick to bump the price but when they go down they pretend as if they dont watch the price of the barrel daily ugh im digusted by all this b.s. already!

yea i pay in the 3.50 or a few cents lee in my area. in washington state. i think its b.s. it real bad cause gas on base is more exspenceive than off base. it should be the other way around..

Im still paying about 3.50 in my area and ive thinking about thi for the last week whenever oil prices go up gas stations are quick to bump the price but when they go down they pretend as if they dont watch the price of the barrel daily ugh im digusted by all this b.s. already!

Oil companies aren't totally responsible for the high price of gas. Distributors and refiners are ripping us hard. I saw something on TV saying they are making like 3 or 4 times what they normally do. I just don't understand why the goverment doesn't do anything about it. It doesn't help to add more taxes to the oil companies because they just pass it on to us but they can do something about the gas supply. We need to build more or newer refineries. I think we haven't built a new one since the 70's or something like that. Refineries can do what they want(shut down for repairs or whatever) to cause the price to go up.

I just paid $2.68 / gal of 87,...and I was very happy about it :wtf: ...Never thought I would say that.

Exactly. They condition us to the high price so when it drops below $3, we're like yeah :ughdance: What sucks is it took 2 major hurricanes in 2005 to send the price of gas over $3 and we've never recovered. The national avg for gas should be in the low $2 range at most. But it won't reach that level because OPEC is going to cut production next month so gas prices will stay high and even go up again as oil climbs back up to the $90-$100 range.

93 octane is around $3 in houston. i filled up 2 days ago for $2.97 but friday i get my tune so i'm probably gonna waste it all by friday night just playing with my new toy. but yes it should def. be lower but even though the price per barrel is down it still takes a few weeks for that price to show at the pumps!

This morning it was $2.75 reg, $3.05 premium at my regular stop. I really hope the trend continues.

I believe that if the price of gas would significantly drop it would stimulate the economy. People would have a little extra money to spend on other thing. Right now budgets are stretched so thin, because of something that we have to have in order to earn a living.

Edited by CoolBlueSS (see edit history)

This morning it was $2.75 reg, $3.05 premium at my regular stop. I really hope the trend continues.

I believe that if the price of gas would significantly drop it would stimulate the economy. People would have a little extra money to spend on other thing. Right now budgets are stretched so thin, because of something that we have to have in order to earn a living.

but will people see this as a time to get a head in life of revert back to the old ways. people tend to forget very quickly, and if they have been making it and finding ways to avoid going to the pump as much they should continue doing so so they can have a little more cash in the attic for other things or investments!...kind of like a brand new camaro ss....lmao! thats what im saving for! and i thinki ts a damn good investment!

I just bought some 92 octane at a local Valero station just hours ago. Using their 0.03 cents off "cash card" I was able to purchase it for $2.78/gal.

I agree the whole gasoline refining & fuel delivery system we currently have in place SUCKS!!! We can talk about it for weeks, but all it will do is elevate my blood pressure. :fume: I also agree that oil companies, making record billion dollar profits over the last couple of years, should be FORCED by our government to build at least 2 new oil refineries with some of that money. Maybe have 1 in the central US on each coast???

Peace.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

:withstupid: The price of gas is a major factor in the recent economy. It has caused everything to increase in price so people on spending less on things. We have to put more money toward gas and grocesries so less money to spend on things we want so businesses suffer. Less orders for them less people needed so unemployment rates go up. If gas prices dropped below $2 a gallon, the economy would be fine.

but will people see this as a time to get a head in life of revert back to the old ways. people tend to forget very quickly, and if they have been making it and finding ways to avoid going to the pump as much they should continue doing so so they can have a little more cash in the attic for other things or investments!...kind of like a brand new camaro ss....lmao! thats what im saving for! and i thinki ts a damn good investment!
The smart people would get ahaed, or get out of debt.

No offense, but if you want an investment, buy real estate or a good growth mutual fund. Buy a car to enjoy.

The smart people would get ahaed, or get out of debt.

No offense, but if you want an investment, buy real estate or a good growth mutual fund. Buy a car to enjoy.

i'm sitting pretty right now. i have a kid on the way and either opt to catch a ride to work or drive my babies mommas gas saver (cobalt) to work! yes the car is stupid and yellow but it gets like a million miles to the gallon. and all i'm saying is that now that gas is going back down i'm not going to change my routine. but i did also just get rid of my stroked out 01 camaro z-28 in order to save a fat little bit on the side for the new camaro!