Can Anyone Tell Me What This Bomb Looking Thing Is?

mbarnes

we have a cobalt at the shop getting the front end repaired. under the hood, zip tied to the radiator support is a glass jar about a half gallon size. it has two long bolts running from inside out the lid w/ a pos wire running to one and a ground to the other when the car is started it bubbles. there is also a tube running out the lid to a port on the cai. it has some type of yellow fluid in it that looks like corn oil???? what the hell is it??? is it safe to put into the paint booth and run a bake cycle??? mark

we were kind of thinking it was either for economy or performance. this car has a injen cai, blacked out ricer rims, and some shitty exhaust. damn i hate imports, and even worse import wannabes like riced up cobalts and neons. anyway i was just wanting to know what the hell this thing was before we bake in the booth. thanks all Mark

Sounds like a make shift Hydrogen cell to "improve" gas mileage. Some people never learn... :wtf:
Yep. probably what it is. A guy on another board ordered one to try out on his van, and saw zero gains in fuel economy. Edited by CoolBlueSS (see edit history)