Insurance Question.

ripsass

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Some low-life POS dirt squirrel vandalized my brand new V-Max in a parking lot yesterday.

Beat the hell out of the hood with something.

Todays estamates were between $1100-1600 for repair.

A couple of shops told me that turning it in to the insurance should not increase my rates because it is a comprehensive claim, not an accident.

Have any of you heard of this before? I just figured that after the $500 dollar deductable that it wouldn't be worth turning in to them for the difference just to have them jack up my rates to pay out a few hundred bucks...

An aftermarket one would be cool, but they rarely fit right. Even a "good" one usually has some pretty bad gaps, plus shipping to Alaska costs almost as much as the hood itself.

I'll check around though just to see.

well good luck. i was suppost to be stationed there but i got washington instead. i hope you get every thing worked out.

I dont think it will make your rates go up...I have claimed hail damaage and my rates never changed..as a matter of fact they have been going down consistently since the claim 3 years ago...I would just talk to the insurance company and ask them

it really just comes down to the company you go through, and what rules they have.

Well they said that using the comprehensive coverage will not effect my rates since it was not my fault and the value of the vehicle needs to be maintained.

So I guess I'll turn it in and see what happens. The thought if leaving it with someone for three days for repair makes me almost as sick as the damage itself.

I can't wait to pick it up and find the ass-shaped dust prints in bondo dust in my seats...

My parents got their rates jacked from turning in windshield chip claims. Said they had 6 claims in 2 years and they were getting their rates upped. They tried to put all of my families windshield claims on their policy ... over 15 claims ... insurance is absolute robbery.

Well they said that using the comprehensive coverage will not effect my rates since it was not my fault and the value of the vehicle needs to be maintained.

So I guess I'll turn it in and see what happens. The thought if leaving it with someone for three days for repair makes me almost as sick as the damage itself.

I can't wait to pick it up and find the ass-shaped dust prints in bondo dust in my seats...

Take it to a good shop, and that wont happen.

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Some low-life POS dirt squirrel vandalized my brand new V-Max in a parking lot yesterday.

Beat the hell out of the hood with something.

Todays estamates were between $1100-1600 for repair.

A couple of shops told me that turning it in to the insurance should not increase my rates because it is a comprehensive claim, not an accident.

Have any of you heard of this before? I just figured that after the $500 dollar deductable that it wouldn't be worth turning in to them for the difference just to have them jack up my rates to pay out a few hundred bucks...

1100-1600 seems a lil pricey for a hood repair but i would claim!

I'd get a 2nd quote. That does seem high for a hood replacement. $500-$800 max IMO but if it's a good shop I wouldn't worry about it. You're going to pay $500 anyway so get the best work done possible because the insurance is paying for the rest.

Ok I opened the claim today and they assured me that a comprehensive claim will not increase my rates.

I got 4 different estimates (not including Maaco which was $890.00) and they ranged from $1100-$1600.

The one that was $1600 included replacing the hood, which is an extra $500 for an OEM one. The only after market ones I found were $650-800.00 and the shipping was around $400 bucks!!!

I'm going to try to go with the one who wants to replace the hood. I'd rather have a new one than bondo.