Special Insurance?

Super Silverado

So, my truck is going near 70,000 miles now, and I want to start doing some modding and replacing (tranny, rear diff., stereo, cam).

Now, I know when selling a modded vehicle you shouldn't expect to get more money for the mods, and I can deal with that and depreciation. But what about the dreaded accident where the vehicle is totaled?

I'd be extremely pissed if I spent thousands of dollars on the truck than have it totaled.

Is there an insurance company that offers increased coverage for someone in my situation?

What do you all do?

You should be able to add onto your current policy. I put my 2nd set of wheels/tires on my policy- I think it came out to be an extra $30/Yr...

Custom Parts and Equipment coverage protects the following items, which are not covered by the Massachusetts auto policy:

1. Custom furnishings and equipment on pickups and vans that were not installed by the vehicle manufacturer.

2. Electronic equipment that is used to reproduce, receive or transmit audio, visual or data signals and is valued at more than $1,000. This coverage is specifically for equipment that is permanently installed in an auto in locations where the auto manufacturer does not typically install electronic equipment.