Attn: Hunters

SS Silv

This weekend I went to the local Scheels to purchase a .270 Savage Firearm for this years deer season. Well, the sales men does the ruitine backround check and he said I was put on hold. So I get a call three days later saying that I was denied. They won't tell you the reason for the denial. The only way to find out is to right a letter to the FBI. The only criminal record that I hold is Disorderly Conduct and numerous alcohol violations when I was under 21. So I sent a letter to the FBI in terms of appealing my denial.

My main question is, am I only unable to purchase a rifle from an authorized dealer, or am I completely unable to have possession of a firearm? The reason being is I have a couple shotguns for pheasant hunting. Also, what happens if I purchase a rifle from a local for-sale website?

Dang, I feel like a fugitive, lol.

Thanks.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

that's really strange. I have never heard that happening before and i don't think thats right. I have never heard of someone getting denied to by a firearm especially a rifle unless they were a convicted felon or on probation. And i have never had a background check before on any rifle or shotgun i have purchased only a hand gun :confused:

Yes ... Having a disorderly conduct can violate you here in Mass. from possessing a LTC - License To Carry. It is due that it shows a crime agains Morality (as stated by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts)

Check ND laws ... ND should have their laws online, and they should have a seciton for disqualifiers ... Sounds like you have a few ...

So ... It would be safe to say, that if you were denied the purchase of a gun, there is a good chance that you may not possess a gun either ...

BTW ... You can always call your local Police Department and ask to talk to their Armourer. They will know the laws, and be able to inform you ...

Yes ... Having a disorderly conduct can violate you here in Mass. from possessing a LTC - License To Carry. It is due that it shows a crime agains Morality (as stated by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts)

Check ND laws ... ND should have their laws online, and they should have a seciton for disqualifiers ... Sounds like you have a few ...

So ... It would be safe to say, that if you were denied the purchase of a gun, there is a good chance that you may not possess a gun either ...

BTW ... You can always call your local Police Department and ask to talk to their Armourer. They will know the laws, and be able to inform you ...

yes sir theyre real tough about who owns what (i can see why) and unfortunately the armourer in my city (cheif of police) knows me very well, and knows what i did with a golf club years ago OOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPSss i have no recoed tho so maby some day when we geta new cheif or i move away ..........

The only reason that you can't posses a gun in ND is if you have a felony.