L92 Heads & Intake Swap Dyno Results Are In!

skeet

before and after results, 6.0 stock block, with 706 patriot stage 2 heads with vic jr intake, i feel the vic jr was robbing low end torque, new set up is with l92 heads and l92 truck intake, impressive torque you ask me!!

dyno2.jpg

dyno.jpg

i would have posted this in the time slip forum but dont have a time slip yet lol, slicks will be in today or tomorrow!! hopefully today!! remind you i drove 95 miles for this dyno and tune, the truck was at operating temps, we did go into heatsoak pretty quit, guessing there was about 10 more hp left on the table, if we had a really cooled down motor

Edited by skeet (see edit history)

Is that 440 at the wheels? Thats better than a stock radix kit. And probably a lot cheaper too.

yes at the wheels, working on figuring out how i can gain more without going carb. i also drive this truck 140 miles a day back inforth to work, ok ok maybe only 2 or 3 times a week lol :)

nice results for sure.

fyi , its a dynojet they read higher than most load dyno's that would be about 18% less on a mustang and even less on a dyno dynamics.

but 9/10 places have a dynojet and thats why you see the numbers compared.

dynojets are more of a numbers than a tuning dyno so to speak .

sorry for the hijack .

get that thing to a track for best comaprison.

nice results for sure.

fyi , its a dynojet they read higher than most load dyno's that would be about 18% less on a mustang and even less on a dyno dynamics.

but 9/10 places have a dynojet and thats why you see the numbers compared.

dynojets are more of a numbers than a tuning dyno so to speak .

sorry for the hijack .

get that thing to a track for best comaprison.

yep i will, slicks should be here today, what numbers are you comparing actually not understanding that statement

Wow, that does look good. I've been thinking about getting some Dart Pro 1 heads to enhance my cam, but I don't know to much about them or which ones to get or how much they would cost. I heard that with a good head and cam combo, you get up to a 110 extra HP. Without damaging the bottom end of you motor. Does the Dart Pro 1 heads require a different intake?

Dart Pro 1's are a direct fit/bolt on. You can use the stock truck intake or go with a fast or LS6 intake if you want to modify the pullies and water pump neck. Depending on the cam specs, you might go with either the 205 or 225cc runners. I think with most after market cams, you would be ok with the 225cc runner. The other issue is combustion chamber size. I dont remember what our stock heads ahve for cc chamber size, but its either 76 or 72cc. The Darts are smaller and will raise your compression. I personally feel that Dart's are the best for the money, but shadowsniper put down some really nice numbers with another head, I think AFR, not sure without looking him up. After seeing the L92 results now though, I think it would be better to go with the L92s and find a L92 truck intake and go that route.

only thing i could suggest would be to have your cam spected out, just dont throw a cam in there and call it good, you can use mine for refference if you like, but i talked to quite a few cam builders, then went with patrick G for the final spec and purchase. i took his knowledge and compared them to others and found his being what was needed if though others werent off to bad, i just felt PG was right on!!!

only thing i could suggest would be to have your cam spected out, just dont throw a cam in there and call it good, you can use mine for refference if you like, but i talked to quite a few cam builders, then went with patrick G for the final spec and purchase. i took his knowledge and compared them to others and found his being what was needed if though others werent off to bad, i just felt PG was right on!!!

I was going to have him spec my cam but was kind of worried about him???glad he got yours good./

I was going to have him spec my cam but was kind of worried about him???glad he got yours good./

he nailed it with a little play, he was kinda worried about going big, i told him dont, when he sent me my numbers i asked if he left room he said with all serousness YES. i was like **** lol i would have went bigger!!! oh well its good enough for now ..