Lifting My Ss

tonylopez559

I GO OFF ROADING ALOT ITS TO LOW BESIDES I LEKE BIG RIMS AND HUGE TIRES

Not to be a A$$ why did you get an SS ? The SS are made to gofast on street . You Should have gottin a Z-71 for Off raoding

I have seen one lifted Silverado SS and I believe it had a 6" lift kit on it. Most of the kits out there should be able to be fitted to the SSS as the moutning points are virtually the same. I am not sure how the angle changes are going to affect the front and rear driveshafts. I think the best bet would be to call an expert lift company, there are numerous ones out there. Its not going to be really expensive, but not cheap. I would guess you could easily get away with it for well under $4k installed. You definetly want to stay away from the shackle and body lift kits. Do it right with new A-arms and new springs/shocks etc.

I have heard good things about this kit...it should fit the SSS, but again, I would call the company and explain your situation and get advice from the true experts.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...5260+4294908395

Good luck.

ok lets not bash this guy for what he does to his truck... WTF...

He came in to ask for some help, if anyone can help him, please do so...

welcome to the site.

+1 I hate seeing guys bashed asking for help. a lifted SS would be original and one heck of an off road vehicle if you can keep the trans and trnsfer case in it.

I have seen a blue lifted SS in NH. I will say since you off road, you will have superior traction to a 4x4. If I were you, go to the dealership and have them do it, you might need some other mods. Post some pics, not my cup of tea but interesting.

You also might want to change the suspension on the truck, swap out the z60 suspension for the z71 suspension. Dont think the z60 would hold up to offroading for long, imo.

I had a 2 door Tahoe, 6 inch lift kit and 33 inch MT mud boggers with bull bar. Thing would clear trees like nothing...man was that fun.

Awesome. I'd love to see pic's when your done as well.

I've owned a few lifted 4x4's and played hard with them also, to where you couldn't tell what color the truck was LOL (Mudding).

I just couldn't do it to my SS..

It's your truck, do what makes you love it more.. More power to you!

yeah i def wanna see this when its done! i know everyone is freakin out but i think it would look pretty good if done right. i have seen a truck with a 12 lift or so with all the ss body cladding, looked pretty cool. now if your an avid off roader i would think you should get smaller wheels and bigger mud at tires. instead of big rims. they arent that great for offroading. i know they do make the nitto terra grapplers in large tire sizes. well whatever route you go make sure you keep us posted.