Has Anyone Notices This?

70chevy03ss

I try to help noobs if I have the answer, if not I send them to the search button but not in a smart @ss way. I have seen many members get on noobs for asking questions that have been answered a million time. Noobs don't know the question has been asking a million times and you can't expect them to search when they don't know their way around the site or how things work. It's better to tell them in a nice way than rather be an A-hole IMO. The site isn't as friendly as it was when I joined. :chevy:
:withstupid:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i guess i am noob now because i only have about 35 posts or something like that but i have been a member for a while and have been a forum . I use the search but some time i have read the posts and post anyway because maybe i am looking for a different look on things. like a member said before. If someone asks a question and it was answered 3 years ago there could be a 100 new members that may have been through the same thing and can give their input now. i have never had a any problem with a member here. i usually just sit back and read until i have a question or can give my input. i have just started to mod my truck so i cant give a lot right now. Please don't take anything i say the wrong way. before i do ANY mod to my truck i research it. I don't know what i would do without yalls guidance. this is probably the closest forum i have been on. I don't know why maybe because we have basically all the same truck with very little variances. I love this site and read all i can everyday. but if we had a noob section would anybody go and post or would members think well they are just noob let them use the search

i think a sa comment is ok if you know the person or your joking around with them to a certain extent. not to get off topic ya know. also there are many questions that i have had, that i have searched for and yes i have found answers, but maybe not specific enough. but i have found that re asking a question sometimes reveals new methods or products. also sometimes includes the opinions of new members and their experiences or even long time members that have just done a mod and have a method or opinion on a certain product or method of installation. now dont get me wrong but i agree with the first post. dont just post a topic without searching first.

I think that this is healthy conversation to have. It is easy for us to forget that we also had Newbe questions at one time or the other. Don't we all want the SS community to be friendly one? I sure hope so. On the other hand I will go out of my way to help someone IF I see they are also using the search tools and doing research to answer their own questions. That is the way we all learn the most, working together and sharing ideas.

CD

As far as the forum changing... remember, like me, most of the current owners, are not the orginal owners who purchased a new $40,000 truck.

But, I feel that it is very important, to ask questions time and time again. For an example, asking what the best headers for my SS; that is something that changes through time. Like one of the CAI's that people around here prefer, I believe is no longer being produced.

Every website/forum's layout is very confusing and upsetting for someone visiting it for the first time as well.

I have to disagree a little on this one, when questions are reasked it spawns new ideas from new and old members, its what makes it a forum and not just a site for looking things up like a dictionary. Ive been a member on here for a while now, and my main motivation for loggin in and checkin it out is to see new solutions and answers for the problems that plague us all. :chevy: This does not mean that stupid questions like "what is the offset of the stock rim" should be asked over and over again, that is frustrating and a waste of time for everyone. It is a balance and maybe a Newbie section is just the answer??

:cheers:

Matt

I agree but the repeat questions that are brought up have nothing to do with probllem solving sorta speak..Its what is the best CAI , etc..like what was mentioned...sure times change and the list could be updated from time to time and if a newbie looks at the hthread and then still has questions post them up.....To solve the problem completely all newbs should start a thread with I useed the search button and couldnt find anything...lol even if they didnt...lol that way no one will tell them to use it :jester:

I am a newbie, just wanted to say I felt very welcomed here when I joined. And also tried to watch my comments and not make SA comments. I understand how some questions like cai's being asked over and over gets old, I agree. But then, with new times=change. I think a Frequently Asked Qustions section (FAQs) would help alot. It would attract alot of newbies like me, as I am stock and do plan on mods in the future. I know what products I want for cai/exhaust/tune, but some are still undecided like headers (opinions help alot). I would like to get Belanger headers but I believe I read a thread through search that you cant get them anymore (have to know the guy to get them I think? correct me if I am wrong).

I believe a FAQs section would be great. :chevy:

03maSS thats a gereat idea...A sticky just doesnt get noticed..maybe a actual FAQ section would help alot... :thumbs:

the thread i think you are speaking of, is located in the off-topic forum. maybe if it was moved to the bolt-on forum it would get more attention. :thumbs::pepsicheer:

thank you wody and brobrad77h, i am still a newbie for sure. i never noticed that before :banghead: . bolt-on forum would be great :chevy: , guess i need to pay attention more....

thank you wody and brobrad77h, i am still a newbie for sure. i never noticed that before :banghead: . bolt-on forum would be great :chevy: , guess i need to pay attention more....

:thumbs:

just to help out and reference:

LINK