Stolen Silverado Ss

aharper

So I am new at this so go easy on me! I found this forum after searching online and saw other fellow SS owners! On Oct 22 mine was stolen from Lewisville, TX from the EMC Building off the HWY 121 Bypass. Since there aren't many of them around PLEASE, PLEASE keep your eyes open for one that may appear suspicious. My fear is it is probably in a million pieces...but please...it was my husbands pride and joy. It's a 2004 Black SS with a bumper sticker in the rear window that says "Ken Harper is with me 5/25/77 - 7/6/07. If you have any info please let me know!!!!!

Onstar? I'm guess no since it has been 6 days.

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again everyone! I am still somewhat hopeful that they will find our truck. I have also been checking sites that sell parts.

I defiantly know what you mean when you say you notice other SS's. We do too. We live near Denton, TX and have seen a blue one and a red one.

Anyways, thanks again. The police can only do so much and of course every truck I pass on the roads I do a double take just hoping it's ours. I guess that comes with having a vehicle stolen.

yeah there are at least 2 red ones, 3 or 4 blue ones, at least 6 or 7 black ones, and one silver one in the denton area that i know of

Onstar? I'm guess no since it has been 6 days.

We allowed it to expire, however I did call them just moments after we realized it was stolen and there was nothing they could do for us b/c the 04's have analog onstar set up and the FCC has already mandated it be digital now so according to a manager even if they could help us, the technology is outdated. We let it expire because we never used it, have cell phones and have never had a vehicle stolen before. Hindsight is always 20/20. :cry:

sorry to hear about your husbands truck. I understand your anger since mine was stolen twice, luckly recovered with min. damage. Sorry to tell you this but after this long its either south of the border or in peices. Try searching craigslist for parts from your truck. theives will try to unload some of the parts they dont want. good luck.

Wow sorry to hear about your truck im sure the Texas guys have their eyes out for it but I think if you dont find it after 2weeks it is most likly in a million pieces being put on another truck or being parted off. Best of Luck and i hope you find it!

We allowed it to expire, however I did call them just moments after we realized it was stolen and there was nothing they could do for us b/c the 04's have analog onstar set up and the FCC has already mandated it be digital now so according to a manager even if they could help us, the technology is outdated. We let it expire because we never used it, have cell phones and have never had a vehicle stolen before. Hindsight is always 20/20. :cry:

Sorry about the theft :( , but don't beat yourself up about letting your OnStar service expire, I've heard that it is really easy to defeat by the thieves anyway. :shakehead:

I really dislike this stuff. Chances are it is parted out. Keep an eye out on E-bay and such for alot of SSS parts originating in the general area. Maybe you can track down some info if you can get real buddy-buddy with the seller.

I am very far from you however stolen items usually go across country. I'll keep an eye out. :uhoh:

Sorry to hear the news :( any updates?

No. I took the advice of another member and looked on Craigslist and E-Bay, but nothing has come of it. The really crappy part of it is the police dept isn't doing much at all. They said they have so many daily. I keep trying, but today has been a week. I think it is gone. :fume:

I live in denton and have a blue one as well I work about 1 mile from where it was stolen on frankford road and this actually has me scared now so I keep mine parked inside my building at work with an alarm did they stealyours out of one of those big parking garages sorry to hear about it and ill look for it too