2009 Silveradoss.com Member Calendar. Part 1 Submissions!

sk_josh

• Admin

What will they look like?

Since we are still gathering pictures, we have no idea! Here is what last years looked like:

2008SSCalendarPreview.jpg

The calendar is being made out of 100lb high gloss paper (the good stuff), saddle stitched, and has a hole for hanging. Just like last year!

How do I get my truck in the calendar?

You can submit your truck picture in 2 ways:

Upload it to the gallery: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...eq=sc&cat=9

Or you can email it to me: JoshMerva AT gmail.com

What resolution pictures do I need to submit?

To make it as a featured truck into the calendar your picture will need to be at least 1024 x 768. The higher the resolution the better chance it will make it into the calendar..

Last year, picture resolution played a significant role in determining the trucks that where featured. If its not at least 1MB, forget it!!

How good does my picture need to be to make the calendar?

Check out the thread where we voted on the top pics last year: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38975

Your pictures need to be of this caliber :P

Do I have to be a supporting member?

The 2009 Member Calendar will be open to EVERYONE. We won't be able to fit everyone's, but we will do our best to fit as many as possible.

How long do I have to submit?

Calendar Submission Deadline is Nov. 15th.

Then they will hit the printing press in time for a Dec. 1st shipdate

So what are you waiting for! Go round up your pictures!

How is the decision made wether or not your truck makes it on the calender?

Check out the thread where we voted on the top pics last year: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38975

Your pictures need to be of this caliber

Edited by WODY'S GIRL (see edit history)

Your pictures need to be of this caliber

I am aware of that. But are the mods going to choose which pictures are eligable to be voted on for the calender?

I am aware of that. But are the mods going to choose which pictures are eligable to be voted on for the calender?

i think we did vote last year on a few if i remember correctly. they did say it did come down to picture quality. not sure if there is any rhyme or reason though, like some other things here.

I don't know if you guys did this last year, but can we put the main 12 members' usernames somewhere in the calender pix that way those who don't know or want to see more of the truck can look them up? Just a thought

I don't know if you guys did this last year, but can we put the main 12 members' usernames somewhere in the calender pix that way those who don't know or want to see more of the truck can look them up? Just a thought

They did, it's right above "Saturday" on the calendar, it says "SS OWNED BY: ................." :thumbs:

• Admin

Yep! We put the truck owner's username right under the pics last year.

As far as judging goes...

1. I can't use pictures that aren't high enough quality. These will be thrown out of being featured as a month.

2. Once we have a small pool of pictures that have a high enough resolution, and are composed well enough to be featured, we will vote. Last year we had about 15 pictures that were good enough.

3. If your truck didn't get featured, we will try to fit you in either on the cover, back page, or one of the bonus pages.

So basically if its a nice picture, and high resolution, you will have a VERY good chance of being featured.

What resolution pictures do I need to submit?

To make it as a featured truck into the calendar your picture will need to be at least 1024 x 768. The higher the resolution the better chance it will make it into the calendar..

Last year, picture resolution played a significant role in determining the trucks that where featured. If its not at least 1MB, forget it!!

All my pictures got shrunk somehow when I uploaded them, I can get high res versions of the same pics if I need to, Ill just wait to see if one gets picked for the calendar first...

Josh,

Sorry, I clicked the "Upload it to the gallery" link in your post and it took me directly to the gallery page and I uploaded 12 pics, I didn't see the "If you are submitting multiple pictures please create an album." instruction. :(