Bumper Cover

i have looked for a thread..couldnt find any

has anyone tried the ebay ss bumper..or street scene ss bumpers....any experiences..and stories..looking for something to update the look of my truck..i would love to have an OEM one..but cant find any.

In my honest opinion I would just go with an ebay one or street scene one. The oem bumper is the exact same except for the way it is bolted on (the ebay one use sheet metal screws and the oem one uses different brackets). You can pick up an ebay one for like 200 or 300 bucks and get it painted whereas a factory one with all the brackets and everything comes out to be like a grand. That kind of seems like a waste of money to me. Thats just my opinion though

I say you go oem! looks superior to the street scene you can get the oem cover from ebay for about 200 and the ducts for 100 and brackets you piece um together there are 8 in total. you will probably spend about 500... but you get what you pay for.

I say you go oem! looks superior to the street scene you can get the oem cover from ebay for about 200 and the ducts for 100 and brackets you piece um together there are 8 in total. you will probably spend about 500... but you get what you pay for.

yea i know what you mean.... i dont really wanna put cheap stuff on my truck..but at the same time i dont want to spend 600+...i just bought an OEM ss grill and victory red mirror caps...im hoping to get an ss bumper soon..illl keep my eyes open on the for sale section in here.

In my honest opinion I would just go with an ebay one or street scene one. The oem bumper is the exact same except for the way it is bolted on (the ebay one use sheet metal screws and the oem one uses different brackets). You can pick up an ebay one for like 200 or 300 bucks and get it painted whereas a factory one with all the brackets and everything comes out to be like a grand. That kind of seems like a waste of money to me. Thats just my opinion though

the thing i dont like about it...if it take 25 minutes to put on.....it wont take someone stealing it 5 minutes to unscrew the screws..

yea i know what you mean.... i dont really wanna put cheap stuff on my truck..but at the same time i dont want to spend 600+...i just bought an OEM ss grill and victory red mirror caps...im hoping to get an ss bumper soon..illl keep my eyes open on the for sale section in here.

Just be patient and a good deal will come to you.

DO NOT GO EBAY!!!!!

i bought one of ebay and had it painted thinking it would be fine ......noway the fit sucked huge!! way off on some parts.....and the finish was horrible most of them on ebay are fiberglass. cheap fiberglass! not the thick kind. so after a few miles down the road i started seeeing huge rock chips into the fiberglass!! so in my opinion man just wate it out and have some cash waiten and you will come across a nice deal online. i got an oem from another member (brand new) for $300.00. the deals are out there just search and be patient!

g'luck

Edited by 20_blkss_04 (see edit history)

I posted this in another thread a while back, but thought it would be helpful here (below is a pic of my old truck with an OEM cover and home made brackets).

gmpartsdirect.com is probably your best bet for a cover. I bought one off there for my last truck and made my own brackets. If you are going to buy all the brakets you're going to spend big $$$$. Some people say it looks like shit when you dont use all the factory brackets, but I think it turned out nicely.

5788a9a4.jpg

Heres the part numbers if you need them:

Bumper cover: 12335659

Left brake duct: 12335767

Right brake duct: 12335766

I posted this in another thread a while back, but thought it would be helpful here (below is a pic of my old truck with an OEM cover and home made brackets).

gmpartsdirect.com is probably your best bet for a cover. I bought one off there for my last truck and made my own brackets. If you are going to buy all the brakets you're going to spend big $$. Some people say it looks like shit when you dont use all the factory brackets, but I think it turned out nicely.

5788a9a4.jpg

Heres the part numbers if you need them:

Bumper cover: 12335659

Left brake duct: 12335767

Right brake duct: 12335766

damn that looks sweet..yea i just bought my ss grill from gmpartsdirect. defintely a good place to get stuff. i think i am going to go that route.

sorry to jack the thread buti was thinking since mine is a real ss all i would need is the bumper and move my vents and i wouldnt need new brackets since i should have them already..... am i correct? and that shipping is a bummer $$150 >_<

Edited by 10zin (see edit history)